TheDevastator05 for Staff on TTT

Server: TTT

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:66094849

Current Server Level: 15

Recommendation(s) from Staff: Jaska

About TheDevastator05:

I have been playing TTT since 2015 and lately found myself getting the enjoyment I originally had for the game due to the refreshing experience Flux provides, I initally played on a few American servers after the death of the majority of Australian servers in the time from 2019-2020 and found them to be very dull and due to my ping being awful there.

I am glad to have found that Flux is still going strong as I can play with people who I used to know and new people without the issues of high ping and the general toxicity that is found on American based servers.

When Im not playing Gmod. Im working on my cars and doing the odd days of work with some mates on their cars/ helping them with any work they need done. Im always looking for things to keep me occupied.

Reason for Application:

After playing on the server for a bit of time now (although maybe a bit more time may be required but since there is no real set time limit for how long you need to be on to apply) I felt like I'd make it known Id like to help, I've seen that there are frequent occurences where there are a large amount of players on but a low amount of mods/admins on especially late at night when I find myself to be on the longest and I would like to volunteer my assistance if its required.

Also a lot of the other staff are busy with IRL jobs/other server duties on top of moderation so Id like to lend my hand to help free them up to focus on those duties too.

I am available at all times if I am needed and have always enjoyed being a staff member helping others to enjoy the game without rulebreakers ruining their experience.

Although the system used on Flux is different in some ways to the conventional ULX system I am quick to learn and adapt to things and I have a very good understanding of TTT rules and gameplay in general.

Previous Experience:

My previous experience comes from Poseidon TTT as a Moderator in 2016, Admin in 2017-2018 and TTT Manager in 2018 also. I worked my way up and feel like my experience from there would come in handy here. I am also happy to help any new staff if needed

(Even if im not accepted at this time, thanks to my previous experience I am happy  and  always available to help any new staff who may want assistance if noone else is available to. Feel free to PM me on Discord and I'll do my best to explain anything you may not know)

Additional Comments:

Thank you for considering me and if I am denied please let me know what I can do to improve so as I know what I need to work on for next time.

Edited by TheDevastator05
Staff recommendation
  • Like 2
  • Dumb 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely, +1

Hence the commendation from me, this person is both mature and respectful, something that the staff team loves to see when people initiate themselves to apply. Hope this clears for you man, absolutely loving you on the server. When I'm not flooded in with work, I will happy spend some good times with you on the server.

• Like 1
  • Dumb 1

The amount of times I've heard this man be unironically racist, sexist & transphobic is unreal.
I'm not a good example of good behaviour but Jesus having a staff member that says the kind of shit he does is a bold move 

• Like 2
  • Dumb 1
19 minutes ago, Josh said:

The amount of times I've heard this man be unironically racist, sexist & transphobic is unreal.
I'm not a good example of good behaviour but Jesus having a staff member that says the kind of shit he does is a bold move 

I say it satirically. If you think I genuinely think any of that stuff seriously you are kidding yourself. Yes my jokes and some of the stuff I say comes across as harsh and demeaning but thats inherent with anything. If you actually had problems with anything I said you could have messaged me rather than saving the things I responded to you instigating and taking them out of context (ie your discord group you use to save any quotes that would be taken this way without the prior context). Seeing as a lot of people joke about this stuff including you and some of the people you interact with, I dont think it holds much merit. If anything I have said truly offends anyone, Im more than happy to talk about it in person or if any staff have any say on it PM me.

4 hours ago, Josh said:

4 hours ago, TheDevastator05 said:

I say it satirically. If you think I genuinely think any of that stuff seriously you are kidding yourself. Yes my jokes and some of the stuff I say comes across as harsh and demeaning but thats inherent with anything. If you actually had problems with anything I said you could have messaged me rather than saving the things I responded to you instigating and taking them out of context (ie your discord group you use to save any quotes that would be taken this way without the prior context). Seeing as a lot of people joke about this stuff including you and some of the people you interact with, I dont think it holds much merit. If anything I have said truly offends anyone, Im more than happy to talk about it in person or if any staff have any say on it PM me.

This is definitely a cop out, you cannot seriously claim everything you've said on the server about muslims, race, religion, sex and the LGBT community as a whole were "satirical jokes". Some maybe, but there have been a lot of comments of a questionable nature, at the bare minimum. These extend to things like uneducated and drastically incorrect claims about COVID and COVID vaccines, which is a whole other bag of worms.

Things like:

05:47:33 PM TheDevastator05: Blm is legalised white racism

08:20:31 PM [VIP] Josh: TheDevastator05 would you date a guythat's transitioned to a girl? 08:20:40 PM TheDevastator05: Id rather die

08:25:21 PM TheDevastator05: and Im not interested in anyonewith a mental illness

These are very clearly statements, and do not fall under the realm of 'satirical jokes'. Whether there's context that can be further elaborated on is open for debate, however, I think anyone with functioning critical thinking skills can discern that these are not satirical jokes. I'm not even going to bring up morality, or how accurate these type of statements are because it's simply irrelevant. I don't necessarily think you're a bad dude, but I do not think a staff member should be airing such opinions. These type of comments are relatively provocative and with the way the GMod already community is, it's only gonna ark up the cancer people on the server. 

The precedent that accepting this application would set would be abhorrent. It would basically greenlight the community to be openly homophobic, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, transphobic and so forth. More than it already is, anyhow. I already think the N-word spam on this server is fucking ridiculous, and accepting this app would legitimise if not cause this type of behaviour. 

Edited by cameronn
  • Like 1
  • Dumb 1
  • Dislike 1
3 minutes ago, cameronn said:

This is definitely a cop out, you cannot seriously claim everything you've said on the server about muslims, race, religion, sex and the LGBT community as a whole were "satirical jokes". Some maybe, but there have been a lot of comments of a questionable nature, at the bare minimum. These extend to things like uneducated and drastically incorrect claims about COVID and COVID vaccines, which is a whole other bag of worms.

Things like:

05:47:33 PM TheDevastator05: Blm is legalised white racism

08:20:31 PM [VIP] Josh: TheDevastator05 would you date a guythat's transitioned to a girl? 08:20:40 PM TheDevastator05: Id rather die

08:25:21 PM TheDevastator05: and Im not interested in anyonewith a mental illness

These are very clearly statements, and do not fall under the realm of 'satirical jokes'. Whether there's context that can be further elaborated on is open for debate, however, I think anyone with functioning critical thinking skills can discern that these are not satirical jokes. I'm not even going to bring up morality, or how accurate these type of statements are because it's simply irrelevant. I don't necessarily think you're a bad dude, but I do not think a staff member should be airing such opinions. These type of comments are relatively provocative and with the way the GMod community is, it's only gonna ark up the cancer people on the server.

05:47:33 PM TheDevastator05: Blm is legalised white racism:  Meant this in the sense of teaching CRT in schools becoming prevalent, The riots and looting going on without police intervention in America and somehow these riots occuring in Australia for whatever reason with little to nothing being done about it.

Asking that in the first place was very out of place and seemed like a meme so I replied in turn. Again can see why can be concieved to be offensive but thats how I do jokes. 

I myself have aspergers so I know its impossible for me to relate to someone with anything along those lines, been there tried it and has never worked out so I just dont bother. As soon as I see anything that may cause a confliction, im out. Dealing with mental illnesses on top of your own is nigh impossible as it just causes more problems than its worth. 

Rather than saving quotes to start a witch hunt which is quite petty, why not just ask me what I meant by them in the first place? Seems rather convenient to start all this weeks after these quotes were grabbed prior to my application 🤔

10 hours ago, TheDevastator05 said:

05:47:33 PM TheDevastator05: Blm is legalised white racism:  Meant this in the sense of teaching CRT in schools becoming prevalent, The riots and looting going on without police intervention in America and somehow these riots occuring in Australia for whatever reason with little to nothing being done about it.

Asking that in the first place was very out of place and seemed like a meme so I replied in turn. Again can see why can be concieved to be offensive but thats how I do jokes. 

I myself have asperg

ers so I know its impossible for me to relate to someone with anything along those lines, been there tried it and has never worked out so I just dont bother. As soon as I see anything that may cause a confliction, im out. Dealing with mental illnesses on top of your own is nigh impossible as it just causes more problems than its worth. 

Rather than saving quotes to start a witch hunt which is quite petty, why not just ask me what I meant by them in the first place? Seems rather convenient to start all this weeks after these quotes were grabbed prior to my application 🤔

Okay, I was actually more or less on board with you until this reply. I thought I was pretty fair in my response and spoke rather neutrally, but this is ridiculous. 

What do you think this is? This is a Garry's Mod server, not a presidential election. You make it sound like this is some coordinated cabal-level attack on your character, nobody cares that much. Those quotes were pulled out of a channel full of dozens 1-off funny things people say on the server. It's predominantly whowho quotes, who is someone Josh/Live & I are rather friendly with. Nobody cares about you that much to plan some coordinated all out assault. 

Your application was created on the 6th of July. You said "blm is legalised white racism" on the 12th of July as timestamped on Discord below. This is also true with the trans quote in my post, which again as timestamped by discord, was said on the 11th of July.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've personally experienced you utter wildly incorrect, uneducated and plainly dangerous things on the server about COVID-19 & COVID-19 vaccines. I've heard you go on what can only be described as a hateful and ignorant rants about Muslims. You chanted repeatedly "LGB drop the T", as if it was some kind of warcry, please explain how that's a 'satirical joke'. You went on further anti-Semitic and racist rants about Indonesia and their predominantly Islamic population. I'm a shit-stirrer and instigate on the server, I'll never deny that but I'm not the one applying for Admin. You're extremely fortunate that I couldn't be fucked shadowplaying what you were saying over voice chat. I'm sure I could rack my brain for more examples. It's not exactly like you know how to filter your thoughts.

The riots and looting going on without police intervention in America and somehow these riots occuring in Australia for whatever reason with little to nothing being done about it.

This is enough to demonstrate how wildly bigoted and racist you are. The fact that you feel no issue posting this publicly on the forums for everyone to see is concerning, imagine what else you say in private. This is such a simplified, uneducated, ignorant and stupid take on hundreds and hundreds of years of nuanced oppression, ostracisation, marginalisation and discrimination of ethnicity/race. There's a lot more to BLM protests than this, and a hell of a lot of history leading up to it. "Without police intervention" yeah okay, ignoring the blatant hundreds of videos of police escalation using tear gas, flash bangs, bean bag grenades and rubber bullets on what was peaceful protests until they started attacking people. All of this is beyond the point, a fucking Garry's Mod server is not the time nor place to air your political grievances with the world. It's only going to cause chaos to what is already a very chaotic server.

I recant what I said earlier about you being staff later down the line, you've shown absolutely zero self-awareness and that you're practically incapable of introspection. Allowing someone like this to be Staff on the server would be a shitshow. There might be a serious activity problem with staff on the server, but granting you any sort of power is a horrendous idea. When people tried to come with some constructive criticism, instead of contemplating it and maybe reflecting, you went straight to lying about when things were said. You insinuated that this was some kind of coordinated attack but no, all we did was listen to the ugly things that come out of your mouth. Besides, I think it's clear to me that you want Staff for some cringe sense of "status", which is beyond pathetic as it's status on a GMod server. I've heard that on another server (Poseidon I believe), you acting like you were everyone's friend until you got Manager, then acted as if you were above everyone else below you. 

spacer.png

I fail to see how aspergers has any role in this. I myself have ADHD, which is remarkably similar to Aspergers/Autism neurologically/symptomology wise, and somehow, by some miracle, I have managed to go without anti-semitic and or racist rants. Funny how that works innit.

-1, I will be dumbfounded if this application gets accepted. 

Edited by cameronn
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Sorry Cameron but I don't agree with you trying your hardest to ruin dev's reputation just so you can continue bullying children and just people in general in the community. Oh and I don't think genuinely accusing a regular player on the server of pedophilia (not dev) is a good look for you, kinda ruins your reputation and credibility a bit. Also just because dev has different political views that may be controversial to you, that doesn't make him a racist.

Mans was literally just backing up what I said 

Also I'm the one that accused someone of being a pedophile, not cameron

• Dislike 1
  • Wookie locked this topic