Draino's TTT Appeal

Server: TTT

SteamID: Steam ID Edit: STEAM_0:1:40648625

Reason for ban: 'Metagaming'

Issuing staff member: Aeyon

Ban length: 7 Days

Appeal:

I've just been banned for metagaming for a duration of 7 days. It claims I have been warned before.

Not only was I not metagaming, but metagaming has not been mentioned to me at all in the past. 

I've only been unbanned for a few days (previously for my spray of Aeyon's steam picture) but I've been on best behaviour since, and understand why I was banned in past. 

This seems like a mistake because I'm not sure why I would be banned for this seemingly random reason.

Cheers,
Draino

I was provided a video that clearly shows that you only said "kos" but shortly after your friend MEAST guns down the person who killed you for no reason. included in the rdm report response that MEAST made he claimed he heard the kos which is false and a lie.

10 minutes ago, Draino said:

but I've been on best behaviour since

you did metagame and there is proof of this. and no you havent been, you still continue to act like a minge and encourage the narrative that i do nothing but abuse my power. and both of you were warned for metagaming on the 5th of april.

1 minute ago, Aeyon said:

you still continue to act like a minge and encourage the narrative that i do nothing but abuse my power.

I've done absolutely nothing to you since my ban, I know you don't like '''''banter''''' at your expense etc so I've stopped it completely as not to upset you. I think it's a bit of a reach of you to say.

Can the video evidence be provided?

I clearly haven't been metagaming and abusing voip to ruin the integrity of the game, given this a 7 day ban seems a little ridiculous. 

as you can see from the video below you did not say the full kos so there should have been no way that meast could have heard you say "kos ghost dragon" unless of course you said it to him through another application such as discord.

• Dislike 1

Yeah fair enough I see it now,

We spoke to birb at the time of this because we were unsure, and once she told us we were in the wrong we apologised and continued playing. Every time we play using discord we go silent when we are dead etc to mirror the game's voice chat, and just use it to talk with other friends who arent in TTT. 

We spoke to Ghost at the time and correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't even report any of us in game, it was a misunderstanding and not intentional metagaming to ruin the fun of TTT. I just must have completed the KOS in voice chat before I stopped talking. 

It seems a bit (a lot) heavy handed to slap us with 7 day bans given not only did the person we accidentally RDM'd not take particular issue with it, but also given the fact that I use discord literally 100% of my playtime in TTT and this is one of VERY limited instances in which it's impacted the game. 

I do believe your zealous approach to your admin duties is unnecessary in circumstances such as this, which are clearly not malicious in intent. If you have a problem with us personally that's fine, but if you are going to slap a 7 day ban on every player who accidentally RDM's a T instead if a few slays it just seems like something else is at play here. 

My opinion obviously doesn't matter, but in the chat you see Ghost Dragon say "Im with draino" at the same time as KOS came over from Draino, I myself would take that as a KOS ghost, as most people do this but in voice chat. Such as "Im with Aeyon if-" then people would KOS aeyon.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 2
  • Yikes 1
  • Dumb 1
Just now, Debla said:

you still wouldn't be able to kos from that alone

Fair enough if this is true, but it seems like Aeyon is escalating what should be a slay/slays into a week ban, when there was obviously no intent behind it. 

I understand that my previous targeting of him via spraying his steam pic was upsetting but I have genuinely attempted to move beyond that and have changed my behaviour entirely. 

• Winner 1
  • Yikes 1

Are you not allowed to use discord and stuff while you play?

Half a word in a KOS that got cut off by me dying but not in discord channel seems a far cry from us intentionally conspiring to RDM all T's etc.

Your server even has discord channels to use which people play/use at the same time so I'm a bit confused by this. 

It was clearly an accident and was in no way an intended abuse of discord, a week ban seems very heavy handed.

Flux Servers allow frequent use of the N-word amongst other homophobic and racist rhetoric which is 10000x more important and deplorable than an accidental RDM T, yet we cop 7 day bans. 

+1 for reduction 

1 week ban for a simple mishap seems like a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Yes he did meta-game, which is against the rules... but 1 week??? From the evidence shown and from hearing Draino's explanation in steam messages, it is evident that this was a complete accident and not intentional in the slightest, and these sorts of accidents are bound to happen when you have groups of friends playing while on private chats with each other like Teamspeak, Skype or Discord.

Sorry, but I disagree with the extent of this punishment. 

Personally I find it a bit silly how if MEAST wanted to blatantly RDM the traitor he would only receive 2 slays. But a complete accident and misunderstanding that results in the same outcome for the victim gets 2 players a week ban each. There was no malicious intent and it was evident that it was an accident, even following the Staff Guidelines directly, 1 week is still excessive for the 2nd offence (first offence being the warning). 

Edited by Fika
  • Winner 2

+1
Draino is in the wrong, as he should be more careful with his mic in discord VC, perhaps using the push to talk function as I do, and not allowing in game information that could result in the outcome of the game changing exit garrys mod until the round is over.
Not doing this resulted in someone dying when they otherwise likely wouldn't have.

However, this is an isolated incident, one which Draino has realised his mistake and served three days of a ban, a ban for an incident which was in all likelihood an accident caused by reckless VC usage in the first place, and one which I don't think an entire week ban is warranted for.
I believe that at this stage if Draino is let back on the server he will play TTT with a higher awareness of what he's saying in VC, an awareness which will prevent such mistakes from happening again.

• Like 2
On 6/6/2020 at 12:05 AM, Fika said:

even following the Staff Guidelines directly, 1 week is still excessive for the 2nd offence (first offence being the warning)

Cheers for your input guys, much appreciated. 

Now that Aeyon has heard/seen everyone's thoughts, I'd be keen to hear his rationale for his decision to opt for 7 day ban right off the bat (as well as his opinion on what I can do in future to avoid a repeat issue). 
Mainly so that I can understand this issue from his side, as currently I am still a bit confused. 

Cheers