New Forum Update Feedback 2/01/2022

Hey guys and gals,

New forums update today, it's had some pretty dramatic change from before, so let me know what you reckon in the comments of this thread!
Feedback can be on anything, the new layout, theme colours, the rank icons, or even just telling us how much you might like the changes!

Changelogs linked below if you haven't figured out all the changes yet!

• Like 1

Ability to change to a more compact view, similar to how the forum used to be xd

I like the backdrop and the top looks quite nice (refer to image)spacer.png

Probably wouldn't hurt to add colour to the steam & discord widget either, I only saw them because I was looking for things to hate on.

This section should probably include what topic the posts are on as it just looks weird and out of place previewing random posts out of context.

spacer.png

All I can really find the most issues with at the time of this post I would usually provide examples of what i think would be a better look but I haven't touched html/css in years 

• Winner 1
15 hours ago, Phish said:

Ability to change to a more compact view, similar to how the forum used to be xd

I like the backdrop and the top looks quite nice (refer to image)

Probably wouldn't hurt to add colour to the steam & discord widget either, I only saw them because I was looking for things to hate on.

This section should probably include what topic the posts are on as it just looks weird and out of place previewing random posts out of context.

All I can really find the most issues with at the time of this post I would usually provide examples of what i think would be a better look but I haven't touched html/css in years 

Thanks for the feedback Phish, I've actually been looking into ways to compact that top section, though there's a feature that we haven't had a chance to use yet that slots in there quite nicely and helps bring a bit of pizazz to the forums, so I need to find a way to knock both out in one without breaking anything 😅.

A spot of colour to the Discord and Steam would be an excellent idea, and that one can for sure be done.

There's actually a few different variations of the recent posts widget that I can muck about with pretty easily, so that one I'll also be able to look at without too much hassle.

I'll get to work on finding ways to improve these aspects as soon as!

• Winner 1
23 hours ago, nyo said:

Everything is uh ... Very rounded off now visually which I don't mind. Though I can't help but think it's too round looking at times 😛

That's a fair point of criticism, I may have a look into that some time down the track and see what I can do about reducing the curve on some of the buttons? I disliked a lot of the sharp angles we had before, but I'd be interested to see how subtler rounding would look, it's all experimentation to find what fits the site best at this point!

Cheers nyo

Would have liked to have the previous posts made carry over as progress from the old forum but besides that everything is ok, Initally the forum size was off for my small monitor but thats been fixed, I would like the option to customize the side tab to change where things like popular contributors and recent posts are placed so I dont have to scroll down the forum posts themselves to see updates on posts but aside from those issues, the new UI looks a lot nicer than the old forums. Good work from everyone involved,

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TheDevastator05 said:

Would have liked to have the previous posts made carry over as progress from the old forum but besides that everything is ok, Initally the forum size was off for my small monitor but thats been fixed, I would like the option to customize the side tab to change where things like popular contributors and recent posts are placed so I dont have to scroll down the forum posts themselves to see updates on posts but aside from those issues, the new UI looks a lot nicer than the old forums. Good work from everyone involved,

Great feedback there, this is still the same forums as previously, it's just been overhauled, so all posts and account info should all still be the exact same as they have been since they were redone a few years back? The side tab unfortunately cannot be customised for each individual, however I have made it remain fixed now rather than scroll with the page, so it should be easier to access recent topics and such now.

Glad to hear such positive responses so far, definitely looking into making the forums as efficient and smooth looking as possible!

30 minutes ago, Higashi said:

Now that the rank system is better supported both from our end and Invision's, I'll look into this a little further. I won't be adding that many, but maybe a couple that can be inspired from these.

53 minutes ago, Limbo said:

Like the new design~

Could you fix the embed thingy for youtube links so it doesnt break the embed in case the channel link is included in the actual link itself?

The embed stuff is more a part of the text editor than anything else, I can look into it but I can't promise anything unfortunately

1 hour ago, Phish said:

Love a sneaky profile background update, only missing the ear piercing music feature now 😉

The music's been installed, I might need to file a support ticket or somethin cause the plugin's not loading up properly for some reason, will keep everyone posted on it with future updates.