Berts for Staff on TTT

Server(s): TTT

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:13599495

Total Hours Played on Flux: 400

Recommendation(s) from Staff: Aeyon

About Berts:

I’m Bert, I am a KIWI , and I have been playing video games since I was young, it started off with my first console the Sega and getting very frustrated playing Alex Kidd without being able to save and always dying. I then moved onto the PlayStation (which I never got to own but every kid had one) I then got given the Nintendo 64 and couldn’t get enough of Mario and Golden eye. I remember Golden eye was split screen and my friends and I would place cardboard in the middle on the TV to stop screening haha. Finally got me a PC and never looked at a console again.

Outside of gaming I play Airsoft, Casual Rugby and do some volunteer work for my local Police Station. I moved to Australia late 2007 and have been working full time at a local council but have the ability to create my own working roster so I can keep a good work life balance.

I have been an admin for a lot of games but I am really addicted to Team Fortress 2 and TTT, Started playing Gmod after it came out and mostly played the Sandbox mode but once I found the TTT gamemod I was hooked and the rest is history. Im a really chilled out person, it takes a lot for something to get on my nerves, I have a lot of experience in moderation of servers and feel I would be a good candidate for Flux.

Reason for Application:

When I joined Flux I was looking for a player base that was regular, players that you could recognise and have fun with, a good community is what I was looking for and Flux has ticked those boxes for me, I have been an admin for TTT and I recognise it can be stressful and draining at times. So while I think the server is being moderated great at the moment I would also like to pitch in and help keep a good rotation of mods on and to share the load to keep it fun and enjoyable for all.

Previous Experience (if applicable):

13 Years’ experience as an Admin.  

Game Server Admin (TTT, Counter-Strike Source, Team Fortress 2, Zombie Panic Source, Minecraft and ARK. Voice: TeamSpeak, Mumble, IRC, Discord)

For the past 13 years I have only been a part of one gaming community located in New Zealand (it has had a few name changes over the years (ICONZ,Clearnet Delux, On3) but now goes by the name GetSome and has always been Hosted by Vodafone New Zealand.

Started off as a moderator for TF2 back in 2007 then by 2009 I was promoted to Game Server Admin for all Servers and have access to RCON for all. I am still an admin for GetSome Servers which all have Discord relays and alert logs so you can admin outside of the games when needed (chat spam, Racism, name changes ect)

Comments:

Regular activity on Discord  has been listed as a requirement to be a moderator, while I keep an eye on it daily and use it to alert when mods are needed, I don’t really post a lot, I think the age gap contributes to this and I don’t really find anything I can contribute to most convos, in saying that I feel my experience and being active in the game server this could be overlooked hopefully.

Feel free to ask any questions below.

• Like 3
  • Yikes 1

+1 

I personally have not recognised you on the server, but I have looked at your activity on gametracker and you are fairly active so that is a great start. You also have a very well written application and seem passionate for the position of Trial Moderator, which is also great. Along with your total play-time, extensive history of staff and moderating, and you seem to present yourself very professionally and mature which I really like. There is no doubt in my mind that you would make a great addition to the staff team. Please note though that all accepted applicants have to buy me uber eats. Other than that you have my support with this application. Goodluck! 

• Winner 1
  • Dumb 1
3 hours ago, Fika said:

+1 

I personally have not recognised you on the server, but I have looked at your activity on gametracker and you are fairly active so that is a great start. You also have a very well written application and seem passionate for the position of Trial Moderator, which is also great. Along with your total play-time, extensive history of staff and moderating, and you seem to present yourself very professionally and mature which I really like. There is no doubt in my mind that you would make a great addition to the staff team. Please note though that all accepted applicants have to buy me uber eats. Other than that you have my support with this application. Goodluck! 

Thanks Fika for taking the time to read and respond with a well throughout response. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...