Despair's Mod Application

Server: TTT

Steam name: Despair

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:137230248

Recommendations:

- Fpsbacon

Tell us about yourself.

- You guys can call me despair / hamood, i'm 16 years old and i'm really interested in cinematography and casual video editing. I've been playing games for as long as I can remember (I know that's cliche, but it's honest :P ). I've been playing Garry's Mod for a couple of years now and my favourite modes are probably TTT and Deathrun, but mainly TTT. I usually like to play my games competitively but that changes for Garry's Mod. (not for dm tho)

Why do you want to become staff?

- The amount of times I've heard "no staff online bois everyone go wild1!!11!" after the server staff disconnects is pretty high. The things that can ruin the experience for me in TTT consist of RDM and mic spammers who can't be muted, and RDM'ers who aren't being slain, all which I experience far too often when there is no staff online, because i play really weird hours, such as super late night where there usually aren't any staff online. I'd love to help the Flux servers and community by filling in the gaps in time where there are no staff online.

Do you have a microphone and how often do you use it?

- I do have a microphone. It's my main form of communication in the server, I always speak when needed.

How many hours do you have on Flux Servers?

-  57 Hours as of this post. (update: 72 hours)

Have you previously been a staff member on any Gmod servers?

- Yes, i used to be an Admin on a TTT server based in Europe when i lived there. The community name was Zarp and ran all sorts of Gmod servers. I have experience in TTT Staff and have a more than exceptional understanding of the rules. Linked below is my admin application, demonstrating my knowledge through written scenarios.

https://zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-applications/55988-ttt-admin-dirty-pizzzaa-s-application#245999

As i came back to Australia it wasn't very enjoyable to play on that server with 300+ ping so i resigned from it, but i do miss it a lot. This was on my old steam account. I don't use that username anymore but if you would like proof of it being me, let me know !!

Edit: changed to neutral

He is very active on the discord, and he has been pretty fair as far as I'm concerned

However, such as on community games night, he has been known to spam and be casually racist.

I've gotta say I'm not for you getting it. I am leaning more to you not getting staff for a few reasons. While yes, you are active in the discord and USUALLY behaved in game you do have your slipups. My main issue was in regards to the community games night that Taylor hosted, where you were spamming "Metagaming staff in chat" or what ever it was. You were also spouting off some racist comments but it halted after a small bit. You appear to be slipping into poor behaviour very slowly and it's not good. If I can see an improvement I'll change it up for a Yeah. For now Neutral

you were spamming "Metagaming staff in chat" or what ever it was.

That was me to be clear, I started it and we were all in the game night voice chat, It was a joke put onto one of the players constantly guessing the word and the fact all staff were in staff chat rather than game night. If that was taken serious I do apologise but since it was not in actual gmod I thought it would be more laid back as it was scribble.io we were playing

Other than that I am pretty neutral on the actual topic at hand, Probably a bit more activity and fine tuning with the slip ups and it's an easy +1 

goodluck!

I've gotta say I'm not for you getting it. I am leaning more to you not getting staff for a few reasons. While yes, you are active in the discord and USUALLY behaved in game you do have your slipups. My main issue was in regards to the community games night that Taylor hosted, where you were spamming "Metagaming staff in chat" or what ever it was. You were also spouting off some racist comments but it halted after a small bit. You appear to be slipping into poor behaviour very slowly and it's not good. If I can see an improvement I'll change it up for a Yeah. For now Neutral

I’m not sure about the racist parts (?, might have been guessing silly things) but i didn’t start the metagaming joke, i only thought it was funny and we all went along with it, i mean even Taylor changed his name to it lol. I’d just like to clarify that my behavior on a game night on scribble isn’t the real portrayal of my behavior anywhere else and i don’t have any intention of doing it again. Thanks

I’m not sure about the racist parts (?, might have been guessing silly things) but i didn’t start the metagaming joke, i only thought it was funny and we all went along with it, i mean even Taylor changed his name to it lol. I’d just like to clarify that my behavior on a game night on scribble isn’t the real portrayal of my behavior anywhere else and i don’t have any intention of doing it again. Thanks

I've only been around for a few weeks and most of you don't know me yet, so I doubt my opinion holds any weight. But Despair has consistently been a positive influence on the server every time I've played with him.

I've never known him to be aggressive or derogatory in any way, and find myself feeling much more comfortable playing when he's on. Perhaps his previously accused behavior was the result of egging on or being caught up in jest with other players. Not a bad thing if you ask me, staff should be able to enjoy the game too.

He's upheld rules consistently for as long as I've known him, and has helped other players when they ask about the rules or how to play.

I think he would be a great addition to your staff.