Forum Suggestion

Forum Suggestion:

(I'm basically going to copy my post straight from Poseidon btw) Picture for reference https://imgur.com/a/WkhHn4t

Suggested Badges:

• Name: Suggestor
  • Name: Owner
    • Picture: https://imgur.com/a/im9xgsl
    • How to Achieve: Only achievable by Owners of the community
  • Name: Agreeable 
  • Name: You got me there.
  • Name: Talkative 
  • NameDon't you know who I am??
  • Name: Veteran
  • Name: Gametracker king
  • Name: Hacker Man
  • Name: Management
  • Name: Insightful
  • Name: Forum Lurker
  • Name: 100/500/1000/1500/2000/2500/3000 Posts
    • Picture: Just a simple picture of 100/500/1k so on
    • How to Achieve: Post (x) amount of times
  • NameArtisto
    • Picture: https://imgur.com/a/BZNpG30
    • How to Achieve: Make an art piece for Poseidon
  • Name: Opinion Leader

The list could go on with each achievement, hopefully there would be a cap for the achievements so each user isn't filled to the brim with achievements. This is just an aesthetic/interactive system where by being active on the forums and posting regularly (besides shitposting) can and will reward you. I don't know how this could be implemented with already existing reacts on the forums, like will certain people instantly get the achievement based on what they already have? Possibly, a way you could do most of these achievement is to add a hook to what a user posts and how he/she gets reacted and go from there. Also borders around the images would make it a bit aesthetically pleasing.

New Borders for ranks

If you would scroll up once more and view Chris's post in all his glory, you'l see a border for his rank, him being Veteran. What I propose it to make an easily designed border around the ranks on the forums, just a simple suggestion that shouldn't even take 5-10 minutes for someone who knows what they're doing.

• Dumb 4
4 minutes ago, Order66 said:

I am very sorry higashi but I am going to have to dumb react because you were too lazy to replace Poseidon with Flux

It was my same post from posedion I apologise!

11 hours ago, St.Clair said:

How do I cringe react a forum post?

Imagine someone giving a suggestion to possibly increase community traction and attention to the forums. Grow up my mans

32 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I'll also copy and paste from your post on Poseidon, this time a comment:

"It'd have to be done manually, and even so having someone do that manually (...) gets really tedious"

Well worth the time, considering you made these forums with invision it shouldn't be too difficult to add it in. 80% of these should be able to be given through forum posts and rank achievements, things such hacker man and artisto should be given manually unless there would be a Developer or Graphic Designer role that can hook back into the achievement.

"Hey you guys should implement this thing"
"Its not my job to code it, or if it cant be coded  im not going to assign manually, you figure it out"
"What do you mean you wont do it?"

You're already making the Vanilla server, can you not implement this yourself?

The forums only really exist to handle reports, appeals and everything else is kind of superfluous.
It serves a logistical function, the discord is already used for discussion imo.

• Yikes 1
2 minutes ago, St.Clair said:

"Hey you guys should implement this thing"
"Its not my job to code it, or if it cant be coded  im not going to assign manually, you figure it out"
"What do you mean you wont do it?"

You're already making the Vanilla server, can you not implement this yourself?

The forums only really exist to handle reports, appeals and everything else is kind of superfluous.
It serves a logistical function, the discord is already used for discussion imo.

I suggested something, hense the name Forum Suggestion, I argued for its addition since the forum's haven't really recieved a major update like this that could improve community interaction. And yes I remember having the same discussion with Accel and Wookie, having forums and discord entirely seperate, where the forums is a place for serious topics and discord is a place for general conversing. I feel in any community the forums is a place much more than simply ban reporting appealing and applying, if it truly was as stale as people say then there wouldnt be need for more sub sections in this forum, and there wouldn't need a Forum Manager.

The forums are stale and IMO shouldn't be just seen as a stale body for appealing, a good source of documented suggestions, information, banter, general discussion should also be taken place on the forums, and a forum achievement system for community users to interact is a great way to do it and could increase traction for said forums. And as for: "Its not my job to code it, or if it cant be coded  im not going to assign manually, you figure it out"
"What do you mean you wont do it?" Stop acting like me for a quick sec, stop bein childish chief. This is a suggestion if @Wookie wants to deny it, he's entirely free to do so.

9 hours ago, Higashi said:

Well worth the time, considering you made these forums with invision it shouldn't be too difficult to add it in. 80% of these should be able to be given through forum posts and rank achievements, things such hacker man and artisto should be given manually unless there would be a Developer or Graphic Designer role that can hook back into the achievement.

That wasn't referring to implementing it, I mean for every single one of these "achievements" someone (me) would have to manually add it to the account, just like I have to for staff ranks.

It's not just a simple process with a button on someone's profile either. It's a matter of signing into Steam, signing into the admincp with Steam, finding what you're looking for in the cp (user profile in this case), and then changing the settings in one of the many submenus.

Yes, what I said doesn't sound like much, and Invison is easier and/or more versatile than a lot of other forum software, but that doesn't make it convenient or fun to use on such a regular and tedious basis

15 hours ago, Wookie said:

If you have a way to automate a system such as this, then have at it and suggest things. Until then, I'm not going to even try to add anything that'll require more constant manual work

Towards this and to what you've said before, It isnt a weekly thing of continuously fixing it like a car per say, its taking time to add the achievements in (Which with invision can be integrated easier than other forum softwares like enjin) and maybe after a few months adding in more suggested achievements, some achievements might require manual labour for you to add it to a certain profile, but those are only designated with a limited group e.g. developer. I will try to find the addon Tyger once used for the Poseidon achievements. 

8 hours ago, Nymodia said:

"Can you buy this for me? It's really expensive but I really like it and I think it will be worth it even though I don't have to pay for it"

When did I ever say it cost money? You're an idiot 😫

23 hours ago, Higashi said:

Towards this and to what you've said before, It isnt a weekly thing of continuously fixing it like a car per say, its taking time to add the achievements in (Which with invision can be integrated easier than other forum softwares like enjin) and maybe after a few months adding in more suggested achievements, some achievements might require manual labour for you to add it to a certain profile, but those are only designated with a limited group e.g. developer. I will try to find the addon Tyger once used for the Poseidon achievements. 

Find me the addon that automatically adds achievements to individuals and I'll look into it