Server: TTT

Steam name: Ruby

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:62223388

Recommendations:

1: Mau

2. Aeyon

3. Cooltank

Tell us about yourself.

Boiled down, I'm just a girl from Australia, hoping to get into the music industry like everyone. I don't like to go out much, and being online is my escape from stuff happening in the real world. I recently came back from a big hiatus from computer games in general and I wanna get back to playing them more regularly.

Why do you want to become staff?

Over the time I've been playing on Flux, I've come to get a sense of community from it. You get to know who jokes around, who doesn't take it as seriously, then you find the troublemakers. People who RDM and metagame and get away with it, ruining the experience in the name of "fun" doesn't make it fun for everyone else. I wanna at least help to keep those people in check. When I'm on it's usually later at night, when staff might be sleeping. I might be able to help in that regard.

Do you have a microphone and how often do you use it?

I have a microphone and I use it as my primary way to communicate in TTT.

How many hours do you have on Flux Servers?

I currently have 6 days and 12 hours at the time of this edit.

Have you previously been a staff member on any Gmod servers?

I was trial mod on a server that I can't remember the name of, which shortly shut down before I could get regular mod. I'm slightly familiar with how the report system works from this experience.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application.

I'm going to change my vote to a +1. 

My main reason for doing this is because we realy need new staff and Ruby pretty much meets all the necessary requirements for staff.

I rarely ever see more then 1 staff member on at a time if any at all, and Ruby seems to be very active and pretty much on all the time as well as having a pretty good understanding of the rules. 

It would be nice to have a staff member that's actually fairly active for a change.

-1, huge minge, consistently RDM's, honestly how are you not banned yet?

Jokes aside, you're certainly fun to play with, involved in the community and someone who is definitely worth being given the opportunity to mod!

Huge +1. Good luck :)

"You know who jokes around, who doesn't take it seriously, then you find the troublemakers."

You're active on discord, the forums, and the server. You have good knowledge of the rules. But, there's a big but; On discord you called me out for 'degrading' comments for sarcastic remarks. You overreact to small things. I've seen this on the server as well. I don't think you're mature enough to be staff, and you should improve how you manage your behavior and communicate to other players. If you can vow to improve, I can confidently provide my support to this application.

Originally when I first started interacting with you, I had a neutral to negative opinion; you seemed blase, sometimes rude.

After getting to know you over the last few weeks I think after we have garnering a mutual respect I would personally be happy seeing you get mod.

HOWEVER; I think there is a certain approachability that staff need to have and I don't think you currently possess that, a significant number of the more senior staff rarely chat in Discord and because of that I think there is generally a sense that people cant talk to them.

On the flip side, the lower staff (Mod's mostly) are active in the discord and generally only insult/joke with people that give it back as good as they get, not appearing to be upset about it.

Being active AND easy to talk to is a big plus and something I think Flux as a whole could do with a few of those.

Currently my opinion is +1, I hope you can take this as constructive criticism and not as a personal attack, I sure know that i'm not the best person all the time so i'm certainly not saying I meet these qualities myself.

• Like 1

"You know who jokes around, who doesn't take it seriously, then you find the troublemakers."

You're active on discord, the forums, and the server. You have good knowledge of the rules. But, there's a big but; On discord you called me out for 'degrading' comments for sarcastic remarks. You overreact to small things. I've seen this on the server as well. I don't think you're mature enough to be staff, and you should improve how you manage your behavior and communicate to other players. If you can vow to improve, I can confidently provide my support to this application.

Updated Response:

After i submitted this response to your staff application, you proceeded to message me on discord 'overreacting' once again. In addition to this, you gave my response a -1reputation saying "woooooooooosh lmao." I addressed earlier in my 1st response that you were immature, and this was another example of that behaviour. After baked 1st edit of his response where he called you out, you removed your -1reputation from my profile. This is very discouraging, as this is an indication you have meagre integrity. I don't want somebody managing issues that believes they incur no consequences for their actions. You are arrogant, selfish, and giving you staff would be a liability to the server. You have only reinforced my poor opinion of your character. 

I don't support this application. -1

• Sad 2

Updated Response:

After i submitted this response to your staff application, you proceeded to message me on discord 'overreacting' once again. In addition to this, you gave my response a -1reputation saying "woooooooooosh lmao." I addressed earlier in my 1st response that you were immature, and this was another example of that behaviour. After baked 1st edit of his response where he called you out, you removed your -1reputation from my profile. This is very discouraging, as this is an indication you have meagre integrity. I don't want somebody managing issues that believes they incur no consequences for their actions. You are arrogant, selfish, and giving you staff would be a liability to the server. You have only reinforced my poor opinion of your character. 

I don't support this application. -1

Ok. I tried to private message you but you refused to listen to the other side. So here it is. Public response.

You sent the  :succ: emote on discord, so I tried to make a joke you were being self deprecating. It didn't land, and you obviously took it as me being sensitive. I tried to explain this on discord and you asked me not to contact you.

I can release what I messaged you on discord if you like? personally don't think i overreacted, was just trying to explain.

As for the woosh -rep, I admit to that but if you were gonna slander my name there needed to be repurcussions. Didn't think about the context at the time. As for baked, I didn't remove it based on his post, I actually removed it on my own. I thought there was a better way I could explain my viewpoint better.

DENIED

Among other reasons, you currently have too many unresolved conflicts with current staff members, and as a result we do not believe that you are fit to be staff on Flux Servers.

Thank you for applying.