Car Thread

Post your Car related stuff here (Preferably your own) 

I would usually post all my current projects here but I for the first time ever only have  the one car and it works so I have no current projects

My current car is a bog standard VT commodore with 200,000 kilometeres previously owned by a health service company so its probably one of the only VTs that hasnt been thrashed by your friendly local P plater at the local indusso, besides that all I've had to change was the fuel pump and very basic engine maintenance, so far it has been the least work intensive car I have owned.

I usually buy cars that need a bit of work as a challenge to further my mechanical skills but this one I lucked out on, paid $500 for it with rego  with nothing going wrong for months so that was a big win.

Post your cars if you want and if anyone has any projects feel free to show them off, Also if anyone requires any mechanical advice, feel free to PM me and ill do my best to help you, been working on cars since I was 15 and have done a few projects over the time with the 20+ cars ive owned and sold off.

• Like 1

I just got an apprenticeship working for a large dealership (Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Nissan and more) and i am looking foward to it.

My current car is a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ 4.7L V8, bought it for $1000 and have about $2000 worth of mods on it that I did myself. I need to do a few more things to it but I love it

bruh my car is a '97 mitsubishi mirage that barely runs now. i blew the transmission and have a fuck ton of vacuum leaks in the engine. it's a funny little car because the 4g15 engine is full iron block and the definition of invincible.

after i fix up the vacuum leaks in the next few weeks, im gonna finally do my manual conversion (cv axles are literally seized in transmission so i'll probs have to get new cv axles too). 

my temporary while my car is down and out is a 2013 renault master, but there's nothing really interesting about it other than it being a big white van, i can't put mods on it or anything (but i have been thinking about converting it into a sleeper van).

• Like 2

Yeah I don't have a picture cause mine's tucked away undercover and I cbf getting it out just for this, but it's a 2009 FG Ford Falcon XR6. Couldn't find a manual back when I bought it so unfortunately it's auto trans, but still goes hard, and has a lovely metallic charcoal finish on it too.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Yeah I don't have a picture cause mine's tucked away undercover and I cbf getting it out just for this, but it's a 2009 FG Ford Falcon XR6. Couldn't find a manual back when I bought it so unfortunately it's auto trans, but still goes hard, and has a lovely metallic charcoal finish on it too.

cunt why am i only finding out about this sexy car AFTER im demoted...

6 hours ago, milk said:

Damn red you gonna be mad about the other sexy car that's in storage.

Now that one I do have a picture of, not a very good one but a picture nonetheless. Chrysler Valiant VH Charger R/T E38 I believe, so it'd be from around 1971-72. I think the paint colour is Bahama Yellow? I'm not 100% sure on that one, I can't remember properly. Fully restored on the inside too, after the fire that started midway through restoration 😅

No pics of the old Dodge though, can't quite remember that one too well either, it hasn't been out in a few years and is only occasionally used. That one's from around the 50s sometime though, which is pretty neat, missing most of the seatbelts and all.

Charger.jpg

• Winner 1
3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Now that one I do have a picture of, not a very good one but a picture nonetheless. Chrysler Valiant VH Charger R/T E38 I believe, so it'd be from around 1971-72. I think the paint colour is Bahama Yellow? I'm not 100% sure on that one, I can't remember properly. Fully restored on the inside too, after the fire that started midway through restoration 😅

No pics of the old Dodge though, can't quite remember that one as well either, it hasn't been out in a few years and is only occasionally used.

Charger.jpg

YOOOOO ONE OF THE HOMOLOGATION SPECIALS WTFFFFFFFFF

17 hours ago, Wookie said:

No pics of the old Dodge though, can't quite remember that one too well either, it hasn't been out in a few years and is only occasionally used. That one's from around the 50s sometime though, which is pretty neat, missing most of the seatbelts and all.

Charger.jpg

MMMM Peanut rims. Very nice car, built like a brick shithouse too. Slant 6 or v8?