BROKENRECORD for Staff on TTT

Server: TTT

SteamID: 76561199115586810

Current Server Level: 15

Recommendation(s) from Staff:

About BROKENRECORD:

I am a high school student from south Australia. My favourite game is gmod and I got it 6 months ago and have already put  770 hours into it  I play gmod a lot and have found myself liking this server a lot and want to staff on it.  I have made sure to read over rules a few times and am active on discord a lot, and will start being active on the fluxdiscord aswell

Reason for Application:

I thought it would be a fun thing to do and staffing is something I enjoy magorly, aft

er resigning from the last server since all my friends quit and my mental health was slightly impacted by a drama in which a staff member who I was close to abused his power, I started playing on here and came to love it. The unique TTT gamemode, the amazing community is all things i admire.

Previous Experience:

I have only one singular experience staffing and that was on an DarkRP server clled AtomicRP in which I staffed for 4 months and became a moderator. I was friends with most players and lasted the longest but resigned after a incident in which I described earlier. This server had a average pop of 120 and was number one on battletracker for a month straight. And now it's settled in top 5 of most played darkrp servers.

Additional Comments:

Other than I hope to become staff and wish to help the community there isnt much else to say.

Hey there Broken, you are currently very new to the server and the community in general, I advise you to get yourself known in Discord and to also play a bit more before applying. Every community looks for dedicated staff to moderate their servers and Flux is no different, but at this current time I dont think you are the best candidate for moderator.

• Like 1

This application came way too quickly, You have only just met the minimum requirements and I highly suggest you become more regular to the server itself and active in the discord before applying, If you keep on being active and show yourself to be a positive member of the community I dont see why you shouldnt apply when people get to know you better.

But until then im -1ing this application until you have shown yourself to be a good candidate for staff

I remember you from atomic and tbh you were too quick to make judgements on a fair few scenarios, lacking some of the nuance I generally expect staff to possess. You're also fresh faced to flux with little experience in the community, so I would've suggested waiting till people know you more to make an application. 

-1 until you put more effort in being active within discord, put in the hours and prove yourself more.

Edited by nyo
1 minute ago, nyo said:

I remember you from atomic and tbh you were too quick to make judgements on a fair few scenarios, lacking some of the nuance I generally expect staff to possess. You're also fresh faced to flux with little experience in the community, so I would've suggested waiting till people know you more to make an application. 

-1 until you put in more effort in being active within discord, put in the hours and prove yourself more.

Also to follow up on this, I feel like the amount of staff rn is bloated and not sure we even need more.

Edited by nyo
1 hour ago, nyo said:

Also to follow up on this, I feel like the amount of staff rn is bloated and not sure we even need more.

Considering that the current staff team all work at different times due to IRL jobs/other responsibilities more dedicated staff would be incredibly nice

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nyo said:

Man I don't know if you've been playing TTT lately but half the time the server will be 20+ people with no staff, or you'll have 1-2 staff dealing with a backlog of 500 RDM reports. 

Not to mention that Garry's Mod isn't particularly a game that one can enjoy round the clock, it's better to get more people up to speed for when/if current staff burnout or just want to fuck off for a few weeks

• Winner 1
1 hour ago, Phish said:

Man I don't know if you've been playing TTT lately but half the time the server will be 20+ people with no staff, or you'll have 1-2 staff dealing with a backlog of 500 RDM reports. 

Not to mention that Garry's Mod isn't particularly a game that one can enjoy round the clock, it's better to get more people up to speed for when/if current staff burnout or just want to fuck off for a few weeks

Not going to counterargue this here and now, as this is a staff app and not a place for arguing why I disagree with you or not on this. I've spoken my mind and that's the end of it.

Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful this time and your application has been DENIED.

Don't be discouraged however, stick to it, get a little more playtime and build up a bit more of a presence in the community and please free to reapply in the future with a much better shot 🙂.

Thank you for your application.