Forum Suggestions

Quality of Life things that would be helpful for fools like me

1- Auto-save function for when typing out a new thread/post incase you close it

2- the 20 characters in the repping changed to 20 words, so you can give more detail.

3- Mass formating (i.E being able to highlight 2 words in different sentences and format them at the same time)

• 2 weeks later...

1: If you close your thread you can press ctrl + shift + tab - the command for reopening a closed tab.  This will recover the closed thread. -1

2: It is better if a more detailed description can be used to describe your -rep. +1

3: Why code something that takes an extra 5 seconds? -1

1. Not really necessary, the large majority wouldn't really make much use out of an autosave feature, however it can be put out there for any possible future plans

2. The character limit has been extended, please don't abuse this or make me regret it

3. As with the autosave, this would have very limited use and most people don't need to mass format. It'd also be nice to avoid anything that could further screw up the current text formatting issues

• 1 month later...

The new forums have autosave functionality for threads, so there's no need to worry about that one anymore.

It would be fairly difficult to have formatting for 2 entirely separate areas at the same time that aren't connected to each other - as far as I'm aware, not even full doc editors like Google Docs or Word have this functionality for text, because it would be too hard to select.

So Yeah, just a few things I've now noted that your probs aware of but anyways incase you aren't

1- http://prntscr.com/o9fbhb Make that show up when your inside a thread (Makes it easier to jump between active threads ❤️)

2- Fix it so there aren't "Forums" and "Forums" under the sub-category of "Forums" http://prntscr.com/o9fcik

3- Can't actually edit previous posts. http://prntscr.com/o9fdia (I can edit this one but not my last one?)

4- Perhaps a way to Hide the Chatbox :?

5- Make it so my prntscrn.com/ links work with the "INSERT IMAGE FROM URL"

Edited by Dr. Zoidberg
Why Not?
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Dr. Zoidberg said:

3- Can't actually edit previous posts. http://prntscr.com/o9fdia (I can edit this one but not my last one?)

You have 5 minutes after your post to edit it - think of things like typos, etc. If you want to add additional information after that and noone else has posted, when you submit another apply it will be appended to your original post. We can change this if you'd prefer.

13 hours ago, Dr. Zoidberg said:

5- Make it so my prntscrn.com/ links work with the "INSERT IMAGE FROM URL"

That's really not easily doable since it needs to actually be a JPG, which prntscrn doesn't provide unless you go onto the website. I would recommend using ShareX since you can screenshot and then upload images almost instantly, and it will automatically copy the direct image URL right to your clipboard.

1. I personally don't like this idea, it feels wrong to me if the latest threads window was in threads, however if there is a great demand for it then something can be done
  2. This has been fixed as far as I am aware
  3. It is intentional that you can no longer edit posts after a certain amount of time, this is to prevent people from constantly editing things they say, meaning that everyone now has to put a lot more thought into the things they post. If this causes issues then it will be reviewed, however for the foreseeable future it will remain as is
  4. Not sure if this chatbox has that function. It can be looked at, but if it requires additional coding we would like to avoid that for the sake of the forums' functionality
  5. I don't believe this has been addressed yet, after testing it myself, hopefully it will be shortly
  • Like 2