Mars Bar - FLUX's TTT Appeal

Server: TTT

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:56311665

Reason for ban: "Constant Abuse To"

Issuing staff member: Aeyon

Ban length: 7 Days

Appeal:

Claimed by Aeyon there was "Constant Abuse to" - assumed this was supposed to say moderator team.

-  28/05/2020 - requested by Aeyon via voice chat to explain "Why I dislike him and Slade", so I did. I mentioned previous incidents where himself had RDM'd another player, but didn't slay himself, and when Slade slayed someone, after he T-Baited 4 witnesses on his ALT. - But that's not why I'm here reporting, as I don't have recorded proof. He claimed this was false, and that I should report him on the forums, but I don't record my games, I like to enjoy them - so I had no proof - Doesn't bother me in the slightest they're still moderators, but I'm allowed to dislike somebody. I was gagged instantly for stating these facts, and was then un-gagged 4 rounds later. When I was un-gagged, a few rounds later, I was requested by Aeyon to not discuss this further on the server, and to make a report on the forums - which I stated I did not hold proof for, as again - I don't record my games. This is when other members of the voice chat pipped up about the issue, and once again was gagged by Aeyon, and not ungagged.

I'd make small remarks like "Look out Aeyon//Slade is on", if it was myself with players that we all get along - simply because we like to enjoy the game, this could range from dicking around and not taking the game super serious due to low player numbers (under 7 players online at this stage, all actively being involved in the activities with no complaints, at no stage would this contain blantent RDM) - to one warn the players an admin is on, and we have to start playing serious, but to also alert the other players online that there's another person on the server, who may not want to take part in said activities and that we should play the game for what it's made for, while his online. I may also in some instances when joining say a phrase such as "Oh Aeyon//Slade is on, that mean's there's no fun", this simply refers back to what I said earlier regarding the activities - These are typically on much later in the night, with a small player base on.

While I don't condone abuse to any player, I believe the definition of abuse has been missed with this ban. "Treat with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.". At no instance, had the event's of the 28th of April been repeated, and at no stage any threatening behaviour was expressed from myself. I have simply been expressing how I felt about these two particular members of the management team, and at no stage was this to be made as "abuse". The comments made by myself, we're also not slandering the management team or Flux Servers, these we're recounts on previous events I had witnessed.

I do understand the fact - I was asked by Aeyon to stop talking about it on the game and report it on the forum, and then I had then discussed it once again - but this was a simple response back to Aeyon, You can't say one thing then gag me because I responded to what you said - This in my eye's is abuse, and I believe I made that clear on the server.

I believe the whole situation was blown out of proportion by Aeyon, with jumping in with voice chat swearing at myself and 2 other members which was unnecessary, permanently banning one person for not changing his name instantly (middle of a round, quite a bit hard too) and banning another for the same reason as myself. The situation was not stressful in the slightest, so the behaviour displayed by Aeyon wasn't justified in the slightest. I know I do push the boundaries in some instances, but this I don't believe a boundary was pushed. I have played with server for over 1 year now, very much on-and-off, but have only received 3 other bans, with we're all karma related when there was a low staff team and myself and multiple other still to this day active members would take issues into our own hands when a person would enter the server just to RDM and ruin the game for others.

A simple warning message would be appropriate to this situation, and as I mentioned earlier - yes, I was asked to stop talking about it in game chat, but I simply responded to Aeyon's, and other server community members questions.

the full ban reason is "constant abuse to players and staff" prior to your ban i was made aware of your behaviour and the behaviour of 2 others, i had received multiple reports of this and even an almost 7 minute long video of you 3 harassing and abusing players and treating the server as if it were your own, we asked you all to stop and instead make a forum report about this situation if it were such a big deal but you ignored this and continued to disrupt the server and others playing, Welcuer's ban is justified as he has a history of abuse, rdm, and changing his name to match mine (whether it be exactly the same to impersonate or sound the same so it causes confusing with a kos being called and doing to knowingly be a minge on the server) he knew exactly what he was doing and knew it was wrong.

in a video i was given you abuse our trial mod, Slade multiple times, both sto and welcuer joined in to harass slade, this kind of behaviour is not tolerated at all, as i said multiple times (and you ignored) that if you had an issue with a staff member you take it to the forums, you refused as you claimed to have no proof. comments such as: "thats what you get for get for being a fucking shit admin" "slade wont do shit, slades a shit admin"

after sto said "oi mars guess why slade gagged me" you responded with "because he like cock up his bum so he likes to gag guys".    this kind of abuse is not warranted at all

I firmly believe your 1 week ban is justified as your actions and presence on the server lately have cause nothing but drama but i will leave this up to discussion with other staff before coming to a conclusion. 

• Winner 1
24 minutes ago, Aeyon said:

the full ban reason is "constant abuse to players and staff" prior to your ban i was made aware of your behaviour and the behaviour of 2 others, i had received multiple reports of this and even an almost 7 minute long video of you 3 harassing and abusing players and treating the server as if it were your own, we asked you all to stop and instead make a forum report about this situation if it were such a big deal but you ignored this and continued to disrupt the server and others playing,

At no stage we're individual players "abused". As mentioned, the suggestion wasn't ignored - I had responded as to why I haven't which you then gagged me once again for responding about the situation. The rest of the player base on the time weren't disrupted, rather most we're interested what was happening, as it was intresting fact's being presented.

Welcuer's ban is justified as he has a history of abuse, rdm, and changing his name to match mine (whether it be exactly the same to impersonate or sound the same so it causes confusing with a kos being called and doing to knowingly be a minge on the server) he knew exactly what he was doing and knew it was wrong.

I was going off what the ban reason was, which was the name - although yes, need's to change his name, a permanent ban for this reason alone was unjustified - if there's other surrounding issues that fair, but should have been included to avoid confusion.

in a video i was given you abuse our trial mod, Slade multiple times, both sto and welcuer joined in to harass slade, this kind of behaviour is not tolerated at all, as i said multiple times (and you ignored) that if you had an issue with a staff member you take it to the forums, you refused as you claimed to have no proof.

I didn't ignore, as mentioned a number of times - I couldn't. You then gagged me for the rest of the night, so there was no chance for the situation to die down - rather you threw petrol on a dying fire by gagging me for responding to a simple question that YOU asked me. 

comments such as: "thats what you get for get for being a fucking shit admin" "slade wont do shit, slades a shit admin"

This would be a simple answer as to frustration, players want to enjoy the game and not need to go in circles by reporting players on the forums, constantly recording game play as proof ect, They should be able to use the RDM manager report tools and justice should be served - Throughout the last couple days, myself and STO have reported multiple players for RDM which Slade has refused to do anything over because we called him out regarding a false slay. Unfortunately, as a trial moderator, he needs to gain respect and show his role, when he simply ignores our reports because of this, we lose respect and care-less about his role. Theirs multiple moderators I have respect for because they keep the game fair, and accept if they make a mistake but slade is refusing to do-so, which in a management / moderator position is the complete opposite to what he should do, its lead by example.

er sto said "oi mars guess why slade gagged me" you responded with "because he like cock up his bum so he likes to gag guys".    this kind of abuse is not warranted at all

Look, I will own this, and apologise as it wasn't necessary - but the fact still stands from above. Frustration gets the better of everybody. If favouritism, and the persona of "Can't touch me, because I am the law" was to drop, myself and many other players not just STO would no longer have an issue with Slades work, and would be happy to play along with

Edited by Mars Bar - FLUX
a

regardless of how you feel or if you get frustrated your behaviour was absolutely disgusting and will not be tolerated, claiming it was all out of frustration is a lazy excuse for your actions. the only reason you made any kind of apology was when you got called out for what you did, showing you really had no remorse for your actions until you got punished.

1 hour ago, Mars Bar - FLUX said:

While I don't condone abuse to any player, I believe the definition of abuse has been missed with this ban. "Treat with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.". At no instance, had the event's of the 28th of April been repeated, and at no stage any threatening behaviour was expressed from myself. I have simply been expressing how I felt about these two particular members of the management team, and at no stage was this to be made as "abuse". The comments made by myself, we're also not slandering the management team or Flux Servers, these we're recounts on previous events I had witnessed.

this entire paragraph is a complete lie as clearly you do condone it and encourage your friends to join in on the abuse.

in this video you clearly and blatantly abuse both slade and myself as well as even attempt to place a bounty on slade

• Winner 1

Based on the evidence I have seen here, this appeal will be DENIED  if you (and your friends) wish to keep playing on our server in the future please change your attitude towards our staff and players with respect otherwise further punishment will be given. 🤠

(Sometimes your "banter or fun" is hurtful/harmful to others, it's more understandable between friends when you know each other, but to strangers it looks bad.)