Question about weapon levels

So I've heard the maximum level is 15 for weapons, does that mean that the maximum number of rolls is essentially 3 (5, 10, 15)? What happens beyond that, and what if we want to replace a mod beyond level 15, is it possible to reroll at all?

If this is the case, are there any plans to change this system to let us reroll more? It'd really suck to have an otherwise great weapon with a permanently scuffed mod, especially when you go through the effort of levelling it up. 

Asking coz I rolled a deploy 1 on my glitched bizon (which only has fire 3) at level 5, so I've only got 2 more rolls basically. 

Also would it be better for me to use my mod remover now rather than risk getting deploy 2, or does the system prioritise adding new slots instead?

Thanks

Edited by Limbo

Having a modifier that is in any list, for example RARE, makes your gun RARE too. That means you have a chance to get any other rare modifier OR lower when levelling it up. Its also important to note that once your gun has the maximum amount of modifiers and maximum level of those modifiers on it, it will stop upgrading, even if you have levels left on the gun

Since you already have 2 modifiers and level 5 on your gun, it means you have 1 modifier left to get and 1 'upgrade' for your gun e.g.

Bizon (level 5)            >              Bizon (level 10)                 >                    Bizon (level 15)
Fire 3                          >              Fire 3                                 >                    Fire 3
deploy 1                      >              deploy 1                            >                    deploy 2
                                    >              Spread 2                           >                    Spread 2

Levelling up your gun when you have max modifiers allows you to upgrade a modiifer, as of now the server checks your lowest modifiers (deploy 1 for example) and levels it up.