add similar crouching mechanic that's in csgo

George

• 2 weeks later...

"The Deagle, a SECONDARY (THAT MEANS NOT A PRIMARY FYI), is the best weapon in the game?"

''Yes!"

''Can you stop people from crouch spamming? You see, I don't like people using a valid strategy to counter my overpowered weapon that's further improved by 'fair' modifiers that I paid grinded 100's of real-time hours for. In my opinion, we should make most weapons even more redundant than they already are, so I can sht on the new wave of 13-year olds that spawn on the server this week. Enough is enough!''

''I agree with your flawless logic.''

Maybe start by making better weapons / modifiers more accessible for new players to improve retention.

Maybe balance existing weapons and buff PRIMARY weapons (excluding Scout) so that PRIMARY weapons serve their intended function - being the PRIMARY choice in a fight.

Maybe overhaul the crate unboxing system so you actually have a chance of getting some unique weapons (FN FAL for example).

Also, the Paper Plane is just stupid. People just run around with it and use it as a portable tester or teamkill innocent's. Throwing one as a T is the equivalent of teamkilling. Add better T weapons.

Server's dying again because you nerfed everything to the ground like last time. Buff everything. Make it fun. This is Garrys Mod TTT, not CSGO TTT.

There's a whole selection of CSGO servers you can choose if you want to play CSGO TTT George. Honestly, I resent the people who manage this server. It could be so much better.

Edited by BigHubs
  • Dumb 1
On 9/7/2022 at 3:38 PM, BigHubs said:

"The Deagle, a SECONDARY (THAT MEANS NOT A PRIMARY FYI), is the best weapon in the game?"

''Yes!"

''Can you stop people from crouch spamming? You see, I don't like people using a valid strategy to counter my overpowered weapon that's further improved by 'fair' modifiers that I paid grinded 100's of real-time hours for. In my opinion, we should make most weapons even more redundant than they already are, so I can sht on the new wave of 13-year olds that spawn on the server this week. Enough is enough!''

''I agree with your flawless logic.''

Maybe start by making better weapons / modifiers more accessible for new players to improve retention.

Maybe balance existing weapons and buff PRIMARY weapons (excluding Scout) so that PRIMARY weapons serve their intended function - being the PRIMARY choice in a fight.

Maybe overhaul the crate unboxing system so you actually have a chance of getting some unique weapons (FN FAL for example).

Also, the Paper Plane is just stupid. People just run around with it and use it as a portable tester or teamkill innocent's. Throwing one as a T is the equivalent of teamkilling. Add better T weapons.

Server's dying again because you nerfed everything to the ground like last time. Buff everything. Make it fun. This is Garrys Mod TTT, not CSGO TTT.

There's a whole selection of CSGO servers you can choose if you want to play CSGO TTT George. Honestly, I resent the people who manage this server. It could be so much better.

holy fuck cunt shut up.

appreciate adding a bunch of suggestions that arent relevant, make ur own post. 

crouch spamming fucks up the hitboxes making gun fights painful no matter what weapon. You say "make it fun" like spamming the ctrl key, making whats suppose to be a quick gun fight, into a long drawn out fight of bullets flying through each hitbox. That shit is miserable especially in the case of a 1 versus x. 

and suck my dick bitch ive never paid a dime to this server and im doing fine in terms of modifiers.

The argument of "just play csgo" is fucking stupid - both games are wildly different and  i only refer to csgo because its the easiest existing example of the idea.

• Agree 1

You're right. I shouldn't have made other suggestions that aren't relevant to your post. Sorry.

I'll explain here why crouch-spamming is more complex than you're saying and is a skill that someone could master:

Depending on the weapon, you can predict when a player engaging you is about to shoot and time your crouches to make them miss.

For example, the Deagle can shoot 1.78 rounds per-second (1 round every 0.56 seconds). Knowing this, if you crouch approximately every 0.5 seconds you COULD force a miss.

Also, if you are shooting someone who is crouch-spamming, you could wait until they're standing again, and time your shot correctly to score an easy kill.

This takes some skill like bunny-hopping (with a mouse scroll bind), another skill that requires a grasp of timing you haven't mentioned in this post.

You can't just choose movement skills you dislike and ignore other movement skills that suit your playstyle (for example bunny-hopping)

I've drawn similarities between bunny-hopping and crouch-spamming. Should the stamina system affect jumping as well as crouching? Your post sounds like a biased take.

To conclude, imo adding a stamina system would only hurt the server. People should be able to move freely however annoying it is. Adapt.  Have a good day George.

• Winner 1
  • Agree 1

That is the quite possibly the most unrealistic take I have ever had the displeasure of reading. Nobody is ever going to learn that timing, and even if you do, it is borderline RNG because of how little room for error there is. Additionally, even if you learn the timing to a tee, it doesn't mean shit because the hitboxes get screwed from the spamming, causing all that time learning, leading to nothing. Furthermore, it is impossible to "adapt" because theres nothing to fucking adapt too, except for praying that this time the hitboxes will behave. 

And with bunny hopping, it is purely used as a way to get around the map, there is no jumping accuracy causing u to have little advantage in terms of fighting.  People who are bunnyhopping are not hard to hit either (unless they are also spamming ctrl).

The idea of "timing" doesnt apply to bhopping either, shits guaranteed and you gain speed primarily due to your strafing ability over ur ability to scroll up or down. 

to conclude, imo adding a stamina system purely for crouching can only benefit the server. If both are considered "movement mechanics" bhopping already has its balancing in terms of inaccuracy when airborne, whilst spamming crouch has quite literally no real negative side affect to it, making it unfair and unfun to play against.