Staff Recommendation

Retz

G'day lads, 

I'm just making this post to see if there are any TTT staff members that would be willing to recommend me for Staff. I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to get a recommendation, hence why I'm making this post. 

A brief list of reasons why I think I'd make a great staff member:

- Staffed Poseidon Servers TTT as a Moderator for 2 years (back when Poseidon servers was the biggest Gmod community in Australia)

- Around 2000 hours playtime on Gmod spread across my many accounts

- A lot of experience staffing gaming servers in general. I've been staff on several Gmod, Minecraft, and FiveM (GTA V) servers, just to list a few.

- A lot of experience staffing TTT servers specifically and am proficient with the commands and everything already.

- 71 hours playtime on the Flux TTT servers in the last 2 weeks alone.

- Very active, and am available to staff late at night when most other staff are unable to.

- Currently not working or studying, so am pretty much available 100% of the time as long as I'm not sleeping. 

- I am a friendly person who gets along with everyone. My main goal on the server is to make it as fun for everyone as possible. 

- Meet all the staff member requirements except for the recommendation part, hence this post.

And on the contrary, if there are any staff or community members that have any criticism for me I'd be happy to hear it. I'm always striving to improve myself and your feedback would help me do so immensely. 

Any feedback whether it's positive or negative is highly appreciated. :) 

Cheers lads,

- bean

This i do see is a very good way to reach out to and show your very interested in a position within the TTT servers but however if it does come down to a staff member isn't willing to give you a recommendation i would suggest asking but then again i myself don't like people asking for referrals it doesn't look to nice but however wish you the best with this.

I didn't want to ask staff directly if they'd recommend me because I didn't want to come off as desperate or whatever and didn't want to bother them.  I'm sure they get countless amounts of people asking for recommendations, so I didn't want to add to the list.

Cheers for the reply

You are meant to contact staff directly, showing you have initiative and are willing to put effort into trying for staff. You don't wait for staff to contact you

Ah okay, it's just that in pretty much every other Gmod community I've been a part of, messaging staff members to ask them for recommendations is like the one thing you don't do and could actually get your application denied on the spot, but I guess it's the opposite on here.

Well if that's the case, I'll start doing that. Thanks for the heads up.

Ah okay, it's just that in pretty much every other Gmod community I've been a part of, messaging staff members to ask them for recommendations is like the one thing you don't do and could actually get your application denied on the spot, but guess it's the opposite on here.

Well if that's the case, I'll start doing that. Thanks.

Wait seriously? every community I've ever been apart of they expect you to message and ask O.o

Well, none of the communities I've been a part of before this required a staff recommendation to apply for staff in the first place, this whole system is new to me so I wasn't sure what to do.

What I'm actually talking about is advertising your application to Staff members, which could get your application denied in these other communities. I'd imagine that wouldn't be much of a problem on Flux though since every single person who's applied for staff has already been recommended for it, so staff members wouldn't be getting spammed with messages.

Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and start messaging some staff.

Feel free to lock this post up.