^ ^5👌phr33z's TTT Appeal

Server: TTT

SteamID: 76561198189648941

Reason for ban: Cheating

Issuing staff member: Aeyon

Ban length: Permanent

Appeal:

I have been banned for more than a year. Before cheating on Flux, I had been cheating on a lot of different servers and a few other games, which I don't do anymore. It's been more than 8 months since I last cheated on any TTT server, and I've been playing on other servers, but at peak times they're all empty and the only one with players is Flux.

I recently got a new computer and have lost all my cheats (including all my data from my old laptop), and I want to play games legit again. I do not have any cheats for any games on my computer (except for Minecraft and cod:bo2 zombies), and frankly cannot be bothered setting up a process where I can bypass anticheats (this itself takes a few hours and countless bans, which I do not want).

I just want to play games normally again, on a server I had been playing for 2 years or so before my ban. It's 2020.

I rarely play gmod anyways and I myself don't like cheating anymore either (except on Minecraft where I play anarchy servers or other games that are filled with cheaters/modders).

In conclusion, I have learnt my lesson, and will not be cheating on gmod again.

(for some reason images aren't uploading so I'll paste the links here instead)

https://imgur.com/a/SNEDsS9

https://imgur.com/a/Xi9BEHD

If you need anything else I'll be happy to reply/respond.

thanks, phr33z

• Dislike 1
5 hours ago, Order66 said:

he cheated he got banned. I say leave him banned 

I would agree, but I’ve not only changed as a person, but my responsibilities and persona online.

I no longer want to be known as “that kid that was cheating in an online game, just because it was fun at the time”. I hate some parts of my past as a cheater, and some of them I want to change.

7 hours ago, Order66 said:

so you only hate some parts about being a cheater.

Of my past.

Of being a cheater, however, hate some parts, don't like most parts, only a small fraction of cheating I actually like (and that's using exploits to do funny shit, like sliding around, trolling other players, which is hard to come by on games that use Source Engine or a similar engine, as most people just turn on aimbot & antiaim and act like pooftas).

Edited by ^ ^5👌phr33z

Sounds like you only want to be unbanned because other servers aren't as active and not because you genuinely feel bad for breaking the rules. Also you just admitted that you still use cheats for other games and that you don't even play GMod too often, so who's to say you won't get bored of TTT and use cheats again for a bit of fun or something? Personally I think you should stay banned.

• CoolStory 1

Although you seem genuine enough about wanting to play legit, I'd have to agree with Wolfe here, you do also seem to be the kind of person that would get bored of TTT very quickly and start cheating again, and considering you even have cheats on your computer for any games at all is enough of a deterrent from unbanning you. Personally, I think you should stay banned too and that you really haven't made a good case for yourself.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:56 AM, Wolfe said:

Sounds like you only want to be unbanned because other servers aren't as active and not because you genuinely feel bad for breaking the rules. Also you just admitted that you still use cheats for other games and that you don't even play GMod too often, so who's to say you won't get bored of TTT and use cheats again for a bit of fun or something? Personally I think you should stay banned.

When I don't have cheats for gmod, I find that unlikely. All public ones are not good and will get me banned instantly on next to all servers, so why should I bother setting it up if I'm going to get banned as quickly as I did the first time? Not to mention that I've seen a change in the ban messages when I attempt to join, suggesting (at least to me) that there's been an improvement to the anticheat and even more reason for me not to attempt cheating, let alone try to set it up.

And I do feel genuinely bad for breaking the rules. I've been active in the discord a little bit recently (it's at the very bottom of about 90 servers) and if the message hasn't gotten across in this appeal, then I don't know what will.

1 hour ago, Storm said:

Although you seem genuine enough about wanting to play legit, I'd have to agree with Wolfe here, you do also seem to be the kind of person that would get bored of TTT very quickly and start cheating again, and considering you even have cheats on your computer for any games at all is enough of a deterrent from unbanning you. Personally, I think you should stay banned too and that you really haven't made a good case for yourself.

After playing TTT for 3 years on Flux, it was only when I got a VAC ban on CS:GO that threw the cake for me and when I started cheating in next to every game that I owned. Mind you this VAC ban on CS:GO was originally false and the cause of a "suspicious program" running in the background that I had forgotten to close (I've forgotten the full details, it's been a full year and a half since then). I've gotten bored of cheating and recently been playing games like Halo, Rust and even in some cases Faceit on a friend's account I use for CSGO.

As I mentioned in the original appeal, being a cheater is something I don't want to be anymore. After a few months of playing straight HvH and cheating on a few games, I've received dox threats, actually had a ddos attempt against me (whilst I was on a VPN), and quite a bit more that's a bit too personal to discuss publicly. It's certainly not the person I want to be, but those experiences have changed me.

• accel. locked this topic