Sign in to follow this  
Sharpie

Unlawful warnings from staff

Question

spacer.pngspacer.png

I was warned for twice saying "fuck you _____"

And telling a player to "eat my ass"

The reason for warning "player harassment"

I would like to start off asking if this staff member has been on the internet lately. As you can join any multiplayer game and hear far worse. When I think of player abuse, I image a player continuously making fun of their appearance / voice / age. The victim of my horrific player abuse also claims I RDM'd them, when it was crossfire. 
I believe warnings should be thought about a little bit more before handed out, as I am now here not talking on the server out of fear of offending someone. 
This issue could have been sorted through a discord dm and I would have gladly just apologised and explained i was meme'ing. I could not care less that I was warned, it was more the censoring of some server shit talk. This "abuse" was all in one round and I didn't even think of continuing, as that would be player "harassment". 
I said "Fuck you" twice to this player, as they had previously done so to me in the past, and I laughed it off.
I was returning the banter and they claim that I was abusing them?

I will attach the screenshots that were the reason I received a permanent warning against my account. 
The server player base is already declining, but the fact that staff are warning people with 13+ days, for some banter? 
Is poor censorship.

One sided, and I would appreciate if this warning could be removed.

This is a video I recorded a while back of the "victim" saying "Fuck you sharpie" repeatedly, but would like to pull the I am abused card when it benefits them.

So I am posting this in questions, as I would like to ask the server 
Is two "fuck you's"
And an "eat my ass bitch" , really enough for a permanent warning? 
What do you all think.?

Edited by Sharpie

15 answers to this question

You have got to be kidding me. I joined the server, you said via voice chat 'Fuck you Phoebe'. I asked you to stop and then you proceeded to abuse/harass me via text chat over several rounds. This behavior was malicious and not a joke/meme in any way - i hadn't been on the server for days and i had only briefly played with you in the past, there was no banter at all between you and myself. As for that video, you had prop damaged me as you can see my health was badly wounded, you then proceeded to push me into the water of which damaged me further. 

Rule number 3 - No prop killing or prop damaging

My language may have been foul, but it was out of frustration due to your rule breaking. At the time, you didn't report this behavior. I find it hard to understand why you bring this up now? Especially only after you were reported for being malicious towards another player with evidence provided, therefore being officially warned. Playtime doesn't exempt you from the rules, everyone has to abide by them.. even staff members. You broke a rule, you were reported and then dealt with accordingly - that's it. Accept the fact and move on.

Staff should focus on censoring actual triggering and harmful messages (even staff themselves are being crude.) and not hypocritical banter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pheebs ✿ said:

As for that video, you had prop damaged me as you can see my health was badly wounded, you then proceeded to push me into the water of which damaged me further. 

Rule number 3 - No prop killing or prop damaging

I'm not sure about the whole situation so I'm gonna stay tuned to try and figure it all out, but I know that this statement is false. You were on 'healthy' when you were being pushed into the water, and you were damaged by the water which has piranhas or some sort of slaughterfish lookin ass thing in it. You were also holding out a knife and were a traitor, so Sharpie actually had full reason to keep pushing you into the water and get you damaged.

• Like 1

I only pulled the knife out after he pushed me in there bud, he broke a rule by pushing me in the water using the prop therefore damaging me - attempted RDM as i had previously not done anything traitorous. 

Edited by Pheebs ✿

Wookie said "*keep* pushing you into the water and get you damaged" at 0:02 seconds you're seen to be holding a knife out, at that time you were ankle deep in the water and were FULLY able to shoot at him to stop yourself from getting hurt. You chose a knife, poor decision honestly but besides the point you had every chance to defend yourself and you chose a *knife* which you can't stab someone when there's a barrel in the way now can you? Even AFTER you were out of the water, you chose to run up and knife him and he didn't even shoot you at any point. This looks like honest banter.spacer.png

• Like 1

warn them both for player harrassment call it a day ez boys

Sounds fair to me Burger, but also some staff should stop being hypocritical and sensitive, I was saying much worse whilst staff were on.

• Like 1

Do you not understand the difference between malicious behavior and banter Milk? What you were saying to Sharpie whilst you were online was not malicious nor was it reported, there is a difference between that and what i experienced. Banter goes back and forth between both parties, what i experienced was not that. I asked Sharpie to stop after he was malicious, and he did not. I reported him and he was dealt with by the admin. The video Sharpie posted has no relevance to what happened today.

I wasn't on, nor did I pay much attention to the situation in discord, but if you think Sharpie saying "eat my ass" is malicious.. then fuck man, I don't know anymore.

• Like 1

Except he was saying what you said to him, "fuck you"(and eat my ass, I don't know how you think that's malicious but go off I guess). There was obviously miscommunication and we are definitely not getting the whole story as we don't know what happened voice wise, accel acted with only your report on Sharpie and 2 screenshots. Unless there's some video evidence we're missing that accel got and we did not, then this whole thing is pretty outta wack.

Honestly Pheebs, get off the internet if you think "Fuck you" and "eat my ass" is malicious. I've had someone say that they're glad my dog died, people have said they'll rape my sisters, but if you're big mad about "fuck you" and "eat my ass", then you deserve a "fuck you" and "eat my ass".

• Like 1

Accel acted appropriately with the evidence that was supplied. Sharpie broke a rule, was reported and then dealt with. He got a warning, that's it. I don't understand why a big fuss like this is being made over a legitimate warning. What's the point of having rules if nothing is going to be done when players act out of order, regardless of their playtime or rank. This is just ridiculous.

I can take a joke and banter, but this was neither. I've had my fair share of nasty comments, i've been playing these games for years. But when i join a server and instantly get malicious comments and i ASK the player to stop and they don't, i'm going to report it. 

You keep saying you "asked him to stop" but we don't see any proof of that? We see two out of context screenshots made by Sharpie, so no accel didn't act appropriately with the evidence supplied. I could take a screenshot of any chat and say it was directed "maliciously" towards me and they could get a warning or a ban, the big fuss is over a warning that might not have been needed.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pheebs ✿ said:

Accel acted appropriately with the evidence that was supplied. Sharpie broke a rule, was reported and then dealt with. He got a warning, that's it. I don't understand why a big fuss like this is being made over a legitimate warning. What's the point of having rules if nothing is going to be done when players act out of order, regardless of their playtime or rank. This is just ridiculous.

I can take a joke and banter, but this was neither. I've had my fair share of nasty comments, i've been playing these games for years. But when i join a server and instantly get malicious comments and i ASK the player to stop and they don't, i'm going to report it. 

It was pretty clearly banter my man, do you seriously think he wants you to "maliciously" eat his ass? Like bruh, come the fuck on -.-

• Haha 1

This was only a warning, both parties will be taken into account in any future situations. No actions have been taken yet, this will be noted and is only a smaller warning. I would highly suggest you refrain from doing anything similar like this again.
🤠

Edited by Taylor8380