Abbles

Clarification on crossfire

Question

Can we get some mods and admins to weigh in on whether crossfire on an inno as an inno when shooting at a T is slayable?

9 answers to this question

From my judgement, when I watch death scenes:

Given that A and B are innos, while C the traitor. A fires at C, with the actual intention to hit C (probably KOSed earlier on, or being caught in the act doing some traitorous shit). However, by doing so, some of his bullets hit B in a crossfire (either B jumped in unexpectedly, or was already there but unaware of C behind him), potentially killing him in the process. Note that this can also happen if B and C are close together and are probably standing in a long distance from A, which also leads to both of them killed if A has a weapon with low long-ranged accuracy (imagine spraying down the default AK and not hitting your intended target from afar).

I would not slay A for this scenario. In fact, in most cases of crossfire I find them not slayable because they're most likely committed due to an honest mistake.

However,  I will still slay A if:

• There's a considerable distance between B and C, which A is extremely unlikely to kill B, unless he purposefully shifts his aiming focus to B.
  • A did not provide a justifiable reason to kill C, thus it counts as a double RDM case instead.
  • A continues to fire at B despite killing C already. Misfiring an additional one or two shots is okay, but not when A deliberately fires an additional 5+ shots right into B after C's death.

I hope this explanation will give you a bit of insight on how I deal with crossfire cases.

Technically crossfire is slayable but it really depends on the staff member handling the report

Edited by Nymodia
better explaination

I'm not staff anymore, but when I was I'd watch the death scene a couple times to get a clear idea of what happened. If it looks like it was legit an accident or w/e then I wouldn't slay for it, but if it looked like it was done on purpose then they'd cop a slay.

Like Wolfe. I know i aint staff anymore but if you rdm, even if accidental, should still be slayable, the whole point of the game is to kill the opposing team not to rdm innocents. I mean sure if it truly is an accident and the death scene supports your point of view, depending on the staff you may not even get a slay or warning for it. But crossfire still equals slay since it still falls under the basis of RDM.

It's dependent on who is responsible for the victim's death in the report. If you acted carelessly and killed the victim you should be slain i.e. firing at a target (with a valid reason) when the victim is close proximity and killing them as a consequence (Note: self-defense cases are different and sometimes can't be avoided when shooting at an attacker in a clusterfuck). BUT THAT'S JUST A GAME THEORY.  @Order66 'Did I mkee any slnlipeg misstakes?'

Edited by -Predzee-