Sign in to follow this  
kill3rbanana | Flux

unstuck command needs to be removed on certain maps.

Question

Hey everyone. The unstuck command is being abused on multiple maps that have T traps that take time to kill. Specifically the pool maps. I think the command needs to be tweaked or removed on certain maps if possible.

Not going to bother naming anyone but Debla knows 2 people who were abusing it tonight.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

As far as I am aware, you cannot use the !unstuck command on either of the Community Pool maps when you're caught inside of the T trap?

You start drowning and are forced to move within the water before the command takes place. You need to be standing still for 20 seconds for the command to work

33 minutes ago, accel. said:

As far as I am aware, you cannot use the !unstuck command on either of the Community Pool maps when you're caught inside of the T trap?

You start drowning and are forced to move within the water before the command takes place. You need to be standing still for 20 seconds for the command to work

As soon as you get trapped you can do it, as drowning takes more than 20 seconds to start because of the way the water rises. Haven't tried it myself, have just seen people do it.

If you're smart on revamped, you can prepare the command for when the trap activates, so you teleport out of it as soon as you start drowning. On regular community pool, the trap is A LOT more forgiving, and can easily be abused. It takes about 15 seconds for the water to rise up and another 5 seconds for you to start drowning. But for some reason, the command doesn't cancel when you start drowning.

accel. as someone who does this a lot sometimes the water stops you but most of the time if you do it right you teleport right before you take damage and even if you do take damage there is still a good chance it wont cancel it

Posted (edited)

Adding to this, people also use it to teleport out of T rooms without having to sneak out using the doors or teleporters, making it much easier for T's to get out without being KOS'ed

EDIT: The drowning problem is also there on 67thway in the basement hallway

Edited by Nymodia

12 hours ago, Order66 said:

accel. as someone who does this a lot sometimes the water stops you but most of the time if you do it right you teleport right before you take damage and even if you do take damage there is still a good chance it wont cancel it

Proooobably don't say you do it a lot haha.

The issue I see is the easiest way to fix it is to increase the time period for the unstuck command. However, in saying that when 2 people are stuck together it almost always takes too long as it is and one of the people kills the other to get unstuck.