Nymodia

ttt_forestfinal props can kill

Question

In ttt_forestfinal the cars in some parts of the map can be possessed and its really easy to hurt and sometimes propkill someone with them if you posses them. It's a problem every time the map is played because there is nothing you can do, as the props are too big to be moved with the magneto stick. 

9 answers to this question

I don't really see this as a real issue that needs fixing, especially with Menaces work load at the moment. Its one prop that can kill you if you get close to it....Ok, don't get close to it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, -Predzee- said:

'Prop-Killing' is a regular occurrence 'in the absence of staff.' It's stupid to impede upon the strategic element of TTT [Prop-Killing leaves no DNA & can be employed to covertly kill someone [& don't forget the poltergeist]). It's complicated; the issue is not the props but the noxious players that proceed to propkill. It's unnecessary to freeze props & impede traitors ability to win. The solution is punitive measures against those who exhibit this behavior - "active staff" & in addition to this, DO NOT whine when you can submit a player-report for rule-violation on the forums.  https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-screen-recorder - record or take screenshots (of logs & text chat by pressing f12). 

I know this thread's about props and propkilling and stuff, and nothing against you Predzee, but I can't help but laugh every time I see a post on here from you. Using language and punctuation that looks like you're trying to talk to the Queen without offending her, just makes you look so snobbish and uptight and I can't help but find it hilarious. Not to mention what feels like an attempt at minimodding in every post. Seriously, nothing against you mate, but I just thought I should let you know, cause I bet I'm not the only one. (See the underlined and bold quoted text for examples... So like, everything)

Anyway, as for the props, I agree with Muffin Man for once, in saying that the car props aren't much of an issue compared to a lot of the propkilling that occurs on other maps, however I'll chuck in a request for the car to be removed if that's what the people want. That being said, propkilling has been an ongoing issue on the server for years, regardless of whether staff are on or not. Some people just don't care about the punishment, and many players have been banned for it. Yes, staff being on does help with the issue, but trust me, any repeat offenders are just going to do it regardless.

Also just to add to Predzee's post, unless you're a 'professional propkiller' (jeez, imagine having that title🙄), propkilling is not strategic at all. It's far easier to just shoot someone and hide the body, than to try to launch a bucket at their foot and hope it kills them before they tap you in the forehead with a bullet. Besides, it doesn't always award you the kill, the prop usually gets all the credit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BlipBlop said:

0436-BE5-F-719-E-4-F82-B3-DF-D2-CD04-B16You can use a prop with magneto stick to move it

yes, but it's dangerous, because you can very easily send it flying and propkill yourself or others

It’s only gonna fly off if you flick your mouse from underneath

• Dumb 1
  • Dislike 2

Posted (edited)

The cars are honestly much less dangerous, in terms of prop killing, than some other props on different maps. I've probably seen 1 or 2 people that have ever been prop killed by the cars on that map, it's not that big of a deal.

Edited by Muffin Man

Posted (edited)

'Prop-Killing' is a regular occurrence 'in the absence of staff.' It's stupid to impede upon the strategic element of TTT [Prop-Killing leaves no DNA & can be employed to covertly kill someone [& don't forget the poltergeist]). It's complicated; the issue is not the props but the noxious players that proceed to propkill. It's unnecessary to freeze props & impede traitors ability to win. The solution is punitive measures against those who exhibit this behavior - "active staff" & in addition to this, DO NOT whine when you can submit a player-report for rule-violation on the forums.  https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-screen-recorder - record or take screenshots (of logs & text chat by pressing f12). 

Edited by -Predzee-

5 hours ago, -Predzee- said:

I don't know if you even read my post. I'm not talking about traitors or even innocents propkilling. I'm talking about the fact that these props can be possessed and it is easier to move the cars than other props while possessing them. Also, not everyone is recording the game at all times. I'm not saying freeze the props and I never said that, you put those words in my mouth. Ideally, the solution would probably be to make them unpossessable, if your precious cars are too important for them to be removed or frozen. Also, in my experience propkilling sucks as a method of killing people because its slow and unreliable

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Higashi said:

Its one prop that can kill you if you get close to it....Ok, don't get close to it.

There's like three cars in the middle of one of the major points of the map. "Don't get close to it" is a stupid suggestion because you have to walk past them to get almost anywhere. also cars are pretty fucking massive compared to most other props

Edited by Nymodia
cars

Posted (edited)

0436-BE5-F-719-E-4-F82-B3-DF-D2-CD04-B16You can use a prop with magneto stick to move it

Edited by BlipBlop
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2