Naked Snake

Naked Snake for Staff on TTT

Posted (edited)

Server(s): TTT

SteamID: 76561198026962221

Total Hours Played on Flux: 56

Recommendation(s) from Staff: Dr. Zoidberg

About Naked Snake:

I'm Snake (alternatively known as John Rambo), and i've been playing GMod since the days it was a mod for HL2 and the early standalone versions. I've been playing games since I was 1 years old, starting with playing Diablo with my father, and lots and lots of Smash and Banjo. I've got an undying passion for games, and that will never change. TTT has been an ongoing love of mine since I first tried it a long, long time ago. I've accumulated over 2300 hours in Gmod, with 90% of that coming from TTT. I know the game in and out, and am intimately familiar with the little nuances of the mode. I'm gonna keep this application reasonably brief, as I really don't have much more to say than the essentials.

Reason for Application:

I'm applying for staff because I firmly believe i'm qualified enough from previous experiences to moderate for Flux, and that I can cover for gaps in staff being offline and where the server is a total wild west. I have a strict mindset for enforcing the rules, and will make sure that people enjoy the game how it was meant to be enjoyed (without minges ruining it for everyone). Others enjoying the game is enjoyment enough for me, so I want to do the best I can.

Previous Experience (if applicable):

I've moderated and adminned for 4 different TTT servers over the last 10 years of playing GMod. I'm highly experienced and capable in day to day moderation of TTT, and have all the time in the world to jump on and deal with issues.

Comments:

No comments, application should speak for itself.

Edited by Naked Snake
Minor spelling error correction and recommendation addition

Posted (edited)

I haven't seen you break a single rule, you're fun to play with and you're not a dickhead. You seem to have a lot of experience and you're quite active. So that's a -1 from me, sorry. jokes +1 big time. 

Edited by Bayco
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good lad, knows the rules very well. would be a great addition to staff

+1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Good at the game and you're nice when you want to be but that's where my good points run out. The argument over discord that took place showed me enough about you to say that you wouldn't be able to hold a position like staff where conflicts arise very often. When multiple people were explaining to you where they thought your opinions were wrong, instead of explaining your side of it and attempting to cool things off, you resorted to insults and other snide remarks, such as calling me and others "Idiots" and "Dumbasses" when we didn't agree with you. Nobody did the same to you before or after you made these comments but you continued to make them. You also jump to conclusions and refuse to be wrong, like when I said there are excuses to hold racist views but that doesn't excuse being racist, I feel like you didn't even read the second part, resorting again to insults and trying to tell us that we were racists, and eventually blocking us. Currently I don't believe you hold the maturity and cool temperateness required to hold a position like staff in Flux so mine is going to be an unequivocal -1. 

Also you might want to provide examples for servers you've staffed

Edited by Nymodia

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nymodia said:

Good at the game and you're nice when you want to be but that's where my good points run out. The argument over discord that took place showed me enough about you to say that you wouldn't be able to hold a position like staff where conflicts arise very often. When multiple people were explaining to you where they thought your opinions were wrong, instead of explaining your side of it and attempting to cool things off, you resorted to insults and other snide remarks, such as calling me and others "Idiots" and "Dumbasses" when we didn't agree with you. Nobody did the same to you before or after you made these comments but you continued to make them. You also jump to conclusions and refuse to be wrong, like when I said there are excuses to hold racist views but that doesn't excuse being racist, I feel like you didn't even read the second part, resorting again to insults and trying to tell us that we were racists, and eventually blocking us. Currently I don't believe you hold the maturity and cool temperateness required to hold a position like staff in Flux so mine is going to be an unequivocal -1. 

Also you might want to provide examples for servers you've staffed

Racism is a heated topic, and having seen it first hand basically every week of my life, I won't stand for it, I simply do not believe there is an excuse for it. Simple as that, debate is in the past and you're entitled to your opinion. I've staffed for Dr.James TTT, Thunderwave, MRG, TNA, Potato gaming and have also moderated in other games as well. You can question my ability but at the end of the day, I know full well from years of experience that being a player on a server and being a moderator on one can easily be separated from one another. 

As to blocking you, I blocked you because I know when an argument is going in circles and that it's not worth my time and effort to try and continue with it, it's called being an adult and walking away. You, by your own admission were trying to force your opinion down my throat, shall we remember? As to insults.. idiot yes, dumbass no(actually, in fact nekota was throwing around his fair share of insults too). BIG EDIT: I said idiot once, and nothing else throughout the whole conversation, I quite literally found none of the stuff you claim I've done now that I've gone back and searched through it. EDIT DONE. You and nekota were also the ONLY two people even disagreeing with me, so let's not blow things out of proportion.  Your argument most certainly appeared to be defending racism even in retrospect. When you have to live amongst a multicultural community for 21 years of your life, you'll understand why most people have zero tolerance for racism. 

This is where this conversation ends, i've explained my points and my views and I have nothing else to say. Be an adult and put it behind you on here, like you tried to through discord private messages. 

If you for some reason feel the need to continue this, reach out to me via discord, otherwise I shall simply ignore it.

Edited by Naked Snake
Clearing falsifications.

17 minutes ago, Naked Snake said:

Racism is a heated topic, and having seen it first hand basically every week of my life, I won't stand for it, I simply do not believe there is an excuse for it. Simple as that, debate is in the past and you're entitled to your opinion. I've staffed for Dr.James TTT, Thunderwave, MRG, TNA, Potato gaming and have also moderated in other games as well. You can question my ability but at the end of the day, I know full well from years of experience that being a player on a server and being a moderator on one can easily be separated from one another. 

As to blocking you, I blocked you because I know when an argument is going in circles and that it's not worth my time and effort to try and continue with it, it's called being an adult and walking away. You, by your own admission were trying to force your opinion down my throat, shall we remember? As to insults.. idiot yes, dumbass no(actually, in fact nekota was throwing around his fair share of insults too). BIG EDIT: I said idiot once, and nothing else throughout the whole conversation, I quite literally found none of the stuff you claim I've done now that I've gone back and searched through it. EDIT DONE. You and nekota were also the ONLY two people even disagreeing with me, so let's not blow things out of proportion.  Your argument most certainly appeared to be defending racism even in retrospect. When you have to live amongst a multicultural community for 21 years of your life, you'll understand why most people have zero tolerance for racism. 

This is where this conversation ends, i've explained my points and my views and I have nothing else to say. Be an adult and put it behind you on here, like you tried to through discord private messages. 

If you for some reason feel the need to continue this, reach out to me via discord, otherwise I shall simply ignore it.

Final addendum, I can show the discord conversation in its entirety if need be, as there is simply too much falsification in what has been said by Nymodia. Alternatively, simply search what was said by myself, Nymodia and Nekota on the 27th, as I think you'll find it quite revealing. Anyways, I shall not continue this pettiness any longer.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Naked Snake said:

Final addendum, I can show the discord conversation in its entirety if need be, as there is simply too much falsification in what has been said by Nymodia. Alternatively, simply search what was said by myself, Nymodia and Nekota on the 27th, as I think you'll find it quite revealing. Anyways, I shall not continue this pettiness any longer.

Ok yeah so snakes right he didn't call anyone a dumbass that was Nekota which isn't cool but everything else I said is true. Snake also thought it would be necessary to send me a message on discord almost as soon as I made my -1 saying:

You can continue this petty childishness if you desire, but I'm ending it here as I see it as simply pointless to continue this frankly ludicrous back and forth. Be an adult and walk away.

Needless to say, my ego was shattered and I'll never be able to go out in public again, being the petty child I am

Edited by Nymodia

3 hours ago, Nymodia said:

Ok yeah so snakes right he didn't call anyone a dumbass that was Nekota which isn't cool but everything else I said is true. Snake also thought it would be necessary to send me a message on discord almost as soon as I made my -1 saying:

You can continue this petty childishness if you desire, but I'm ending it here as I see it as simply pointless to continue this frankly ludicrous back and forth. Be an adult and walk away.

Needless to say, my ego was shattered and I'll never be able to go out in public again, being the petty child I am

This is quite literally the definition of being petty. You're really acting your age of 15 right now.

38 minutes ago, Naked Snake said:

This is quite literally the definition of being petty. You're really acting your age of 15 right now.

As opposed to you not acting your wise old age of 21

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Nymodia said:

As opposed to you not acting your wise old age of 21

Quite frankly, you're the only one being immature here. EDIT: I tried to resolve things peacefully with you via discord messages, but you obviously just want to choose the nuclear option. I get you're upset I -1'd you, but frankly your whole argument here is "HE'S NOT OKAY WITH ANY FORM OF RACISM THEREFORE HE DOESNT DESERVE MOD". Look, your immaturity is not my problem. You just need to grow up some more.

Edited by Naked Snake
Addendum

2 minutes ago, Naked Snake said:

Quite frankly, you're the only one being immature here.

Nachomario also agreed with me

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Koro Veno MAIN said:

Bro this is just nymodias app again please stop fighting

Yeah man I'm happy to leave it. Snake's the one who DMed me insulting me because I -1'd him

1 minute ago, Nymodia said:

Yeah man I'm happy to leave it. Snake's the one who DMed me insulting me because I -1'd him

1 minute ago, Nymodia said:

NymodiaLast Sunday at 11:54 AM

no hard feelings

SnakeLast Sunday at 12:22 PM

I was asleep, apology accepted

July 30, 2019

SnakeToday at 3:59 PM

NymodiaToday at 4:02 PM

Petty Childness. Is that what you call it? I gave you a -1 because I dont think you're fit to have a staff position and you've just confirmed it. Everything I said was true and factual, and I certainly didnt DM you whining about it when you -1'd me.

SnakeToday at 4:02 PM

If you think this is about a -1, then by God I pity youm

I'm telling you to be an adult and stop bickering in public about something that's in the past

Simply asking you to stop being petty after you continued this argument, after you CLAIMED you were done with it, is not insulting you.

Posted (edited)

Whatever I post on this would be biased as I have know Snake for several years having been good friends/ co moderators on Dr James TTT. 

For the most part i find snake to be very responsible and even when issues have arose he has always rationalised and apologised when he believes he is the wrong. I think when in positions of power he can be a very responsible and tactful person, he will listen to reason and always has an open mind to other peoples perspective. There have been very rare occasions we have fought but when we have he (even if not immediately) will always be the first person to apologise and admit wrong doings. 

Verifying his experience on Dr James TTT, Snake was a very active moderator and was a great addition to the team. I cant remember a time where I didnt see him on the server putting in at times several hour s into ensuring the community was enjoying themselves and ensured everyone was following the rules. This at a time where he was a lot younger and now has matured a lot more. 

My sole concern is being a moderator previously why would he ever want to be one again? Honestly moderating drains all the fun out of the game, you said so yourself. 

From my own previous experience I would most definitely give him a +1. However as I said my opinion is incredibly biased. 

PS. Dont argue on your app you idiot,  what are you doing? 

Edited by Edgyguy24
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Edgyguy24 said:

Whatever I post on this would be biased as I have know Snake for several years having been good friends/ co moderators on Dr James TTT. 

For the most part i find snake to be very responsible and even when issues have arose he has always rationalised and apologised when he believes he is the wrong. I think when in positions of power he can be a very responsible and tactful person, he will listen to reason and always has an open mind to other peoples perspective. It has been very rare occasion out of the many times we have fought that he (even if not immediately) will be the first person to apologise and admit wrong doings.  

Verifying his experience on Dr James TTT, Snake was a very active moderator and was a great addition to the team. I cant remember a time where I didnt see him on the server putting in at times several hour s into ensuring the community was enjoying themselves and ensured everyone was following the rules. This at a time where he was a lot younger and now has matured a lot more. 

My sole concern is being a moderator previously why would he ever want to be one again? Honestly moderating drains all the fun out of the game, you said so yourself. 

From my own previous experience I would most definitely give him a +1. However as I said my opinion is incredibly biased. 

PS. Dont argue on your app you idiot,  what are you doing? 

Yeah I know im the big dumb, but I just felt I had to clear things up. Love you brotha

6 minutes ago, Naked Snake said:

Yeah I know im the big dumb, but I just felt I had to clear things up. Love you brotha

You're not an idiot