travel ✈️

what countries have you been to and which was your favourite? or what countries would you like to visit in the future? 

i’ve been to greece, cyprus, czech republic and thailand. really loved them all but i won a trip randomly to the czech republic and it wasn’t ever somewhere i’d thought about going but it was really amazing and exceeded all my expectations!! and i rly rly wanna visit italy in the future 

uh well i haven't travelled in a few years, but outside of australia i've been to: new zealand, dubai, new caledonia, vanuata, england, czechia, slovakia, germany, austria, south korea, and a few other places but i dont remember. south korea was my favourite i want to go there again

• Like 1

i love melbourne with all my heart. i moved from sydney and visit multiple times each year. but as a kid i travelled to the uk and scotland twice and bali once. there's one incense smell that i don't know what the name is but it always takes me back to bali. if i had to move interstate, (which i will soon) i'd go melbourne. but if i had to move internationally, canada or sweden easily (hej @ birbobert )

Edited by Suicide Christ
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, Suicide Christ said:

i love melbourne with all my heart. i moved from sydney and visit multiple times each year. but as a kid i travelled to the uk and scotland twice and bali once. there's one incense smell that i don't know what the name is but it always takes me back to bali. if i had to move interstate, (which i will soon) i'd go melbourne. but if i had to move internationally, canada or sweden easily (hej @ birbobert )

Is it the Nag Champa Agarbatti incense? A lot of people find it popular.

5 minutes ago, milk said:

I've never been outside Australia, but when it comes to Australia I've been to all the big spots. I've planned to go to America and Japan, America only because of theme parks...literally just theme parks. 

also yes i was meant to go to japan with my partner at the time but we split not long after booking everything. super poggers

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, milk said:

I've never been outside Australia, but when it comes to Australia I've been to all the big spots. I've planned to go to America and Japan, America only because of theme parks...literally just theme parks. 

RESPECTABLE i fkn love theme parks and rides 

Man I've been to this weird and spooky country called Tasmania, the people were really weird

11 hours ago, milk said:

But nah legit, this, I'm tagging along go these trips in the suitcase if nothing else.

13 hours ago, Wookie said:

Man I've been to this weird and spooky country called Tasmania, the people were really weird

But nah legit, this, I'm tagging along go these trips in the suitcase if nothing else.

tasmania is not a country you glue eater

Edited by onlyinred
too busy laughing at myself
  • Disagree 2
On 1/8/2022 at 3:51 PM, whowho said:

what countries have you been to and which was your favourite? or what countries would you like to visit in the future? 

i’ve been to greece, cyprus, czech republic and thailand. really loved them all but i won a trip randomly to the czech republic and it wasn’t ever somewhere i’d thought about going but it was really amazing and exceeded all my expectations!! and i rly rly wanna visit italy in the future 

thailand is so damn nice, i been there a few times - the food is so beautiful and the pagodas/temples are to die for

i lived in malaysia for 5 years when i was much younger so i've been literally everywhere in south east asia and a fair amount of asia itself. travel was so cheap from the location and the cheap currency lol. i went on a europe trip like 4ish yrs ago when i graduated and has a special place in my heart - greece was absolutely gorgeous. if you ever get a chance to go to italy my god you should take it - milan, naples and florence is where i spent most of my time and jebus christ you could easily spend thousands on clothes and food. going to the reichstag in germany (was basically just parliament house for hitler back in the day) as well as pompei were some of the most surreal experiences of my life.

sadly never been to the anglosphere and rly wanna go

FUCK staying in australia, travel as much as you can. the world is beautiful!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, wusawusle said:

thailand is so damn nice, i been there a few times - the food is so beautiful and the pagodas/temples are to die for

i lived in malaysia for 5 years when i was much younger so i've been literally everywhere in south east asia and a fair amount of asia itself. travel was so cheap from the location and the cheap currency lol. i went on a europe trip like 4ish yrs ago when i graduated and has a special place in my heart - greece was absolutely gorgeous. if you ever get a chance to go to italy my god you should take it - milan, naples and florence is where i spent most of my time and jebus christ you could easily spend thousands on clothes and food. going to the reichstag in germany (was basically just parliament house for hitler back in the day) as well as pompei were some of the most surreal experiences of my life.

sadly never been to the anglosphere and rly wanna go

FUCK staying in australia, travel as much as you can. the world is beautiful!

ahhhh so amazing! my dad lives in thailand so i’ve been there a bit and next time hoping to pop over to either vietnam or cambodia. any recommendations? 

• Like 1

I’ve been to Turkey, UAE and lived in Iran for 7 years. You can say I support my fellow Middle Eastern countries. Recommend visiting Iran and I’m planning to visit family in UK and travel to France, Italy and Spain next year (if there’s no new variant)

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, whowho said:

ahhhh so amazing! my dad lives in thailand so i’ve been there a bit and next time hoping to pop over to either vietnam or cambodia. any recommendations? 

oh nice! depends on what you really want to do on the trip, imo cambodia > vietnam if you've never been to either but they're both amazin obviously (the list could go on forever but i tried to tldr some good parts)

vietnam

- cool to travel around like you can get your own bike rly easily and ride around everywhere

-banh mi and pho boy o boy

-(unironically) very cool tunnels and shit built around colonial era 

-v cool vietnam war era stuff

-AMAZING beer and legit free nangs at every bar

cambodia

-beaches are plentiful, sexy and generally empty

-better historical sties and other stuff imo (angkor wat, phnom penh, battambang)

-buddhist shit everywhere oh my god its pretty

-monkeys everywhere

-street food

Thailand and Malaysia are pretty banging,  Been to a few other countries as well but meh in comparison. Would probably want to visit somewhere in Africa in my life (ideally Nigeria or Tanzania so I can try the mythical Zanzibar pizza). Maybe one of the Nordic countries as well.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, nyo said:

Thailand and Malaysia are pretty banging,  Been to a few other countries as well but meh in comparison. Would probably want to visit somewhere in Africa in my life (ideally Nigeria or Tanzania so I can try the mythical Zanzibar pizza). Maybe one of the Nordic countries as well.

Beans

Edited by Mark
4 minutes ago, Mark said:

I Visited the united states of america mostly for disneyland

You're doing it wrong if you don't go for the G U N S and FREEEDOM. But yeah Disneyland was pretty cool. San Francisco back when I went was also pretty rad too, but I hear it's the smash and grab central of America rn lol

During my young teens I was blessed enough to be able to go to Hong Kong, Thailand, Bali and New Zealand. Whilst at school I also participated in a mission trip to Sri Lanka which was an incredible experience.

Looking to the future I would love to visit any Europe or COLDER country in general but Australia will do for now I guess

• Like 2